Any pirates in Greater Manchester area?

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Any pirates in Greater Manchester area?

Post by Wk-end » Sun May 26, 2024 11:07 pm

I see... ok
http://stream.wk-end.co.uk/

Studio Number> 07551-887-997

SoundFm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by SoundFm » Sun May 26, 2024 11:26 pm

Wk-end wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:07 pmI see... ok
If you want you listen to the output then ask Alexa ‘Play Concept Radio’

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Wk-end » Sun May 26, 2024 11:35 pm

We good thank you. Don't realy understand the point of it.

kevycorsa
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by kevycorsa » Sun May 26, 2024 11:45 pm

Wk-end wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:35 pm We good thank you. Don't realy understand the point of it.
Point of what

SoundFm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by SoundFm » Sun May 26, 2024 11:54 pm

Wk-end wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:35 pm We good thank you. Don't realy understand the point of it.

Concept might not really understand the point of you….. You can’t turn up and think that you ‘own the dial’ The chances of Concept interfering with you (and you with them) are unlikely.

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Wk-end » Mon May 27, 2024 3:39 pm

I dont see the point of being on if you know someone else is on running power on the same freq,
And your statement... "You can’t turn up and think that you own the dial" We're on 247 they can hear that,
Not a part time shits an giggles station,
Quote... Getting dance music on 87.7 and 101.4 seem to be same thing also concept on 100.8 fighting with Wk-end where I am.

Understand why we don't get it!?

SoundFm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by SoundFm » Mon May 27, 2024 5:12 pm

The chances are that the operators behind Concept probably don’t even know you’re on because your signal to where they are based is little to none existent (and I’d imagine your programming output probably wouldn’t be up their street either).

A ‘shits an giggles station’ it may be but they’ve been around a lot longer than you have and if they choose to come on on the odd Bank Holiday here and there then fair play to them is what I say as at least they’re making the effort.

Luckz-basefm
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Luckz-basefm » Mon May 27, 2024 6:39 pm

We have been around long enough to say we own it
Not ever has any other station come on over us and never will
from memory one station moved out of respect and not even in our area so goes to show the power we have
It's not really a station if you only come on bank holidays and so forth and push 15w

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Wk-end » Tue May 28, 2024 12:29 am

SoundFm wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:12 pm The chances are that the operators behind Concept probably don’t even know you’re on because your signal to where they are based is little to none existent (and I’d imagine your programming output probably wouldn’t be up their street either).

A ‘shits an giggles station’ it may be but they’ve been around a lot longer than you have and if they choose to come on on the odd Bank Holiday here and there then fair play to them is what I say as at least they’re making the effort.
Yo! Big man u at?

SoundFm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by SoundFm » Tue May 28, 2024 5:54 am

Wk-end wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:29 am
SoundFm wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:12 pm The chances are that the operators behind Concept probably don’t even know you’re on because your signal to where they are based is little to none existent (and I’d imagine your programming output probably wouldn’t be up their street either).

Yo! Big man u at?
Still here bro

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Wk-end » Tue May 28, 2024 10:24 am

In true keyboard warrior style.

Blackjake
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Blackjake » Thu May 30, 2024 9:44 am

Luckz-basefm wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:39 pm We have been around long enough to say we own it
Not ever has any other station come on over us and never will
from memory one station moved out of respect and not even in our area so goes to show the power we have
It's not really a station if you only come on bank holidays and so forth and push 15w
The station that moved from 100.8 moved because 100.8 was very busy. Radio Overdrive was not bullied off the frequency by Bass fm. Back then, Bass fm could not be heard in Cheshire.
With the signal you have now, had Overdrive stayed on 100.8, it would have caused you alot of interference to WK End as Overdrive has a very powerful transmitter. We need more height and that's being looked at
Regards Blackjake

Blackjake
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Blackjake » Thu May 30, 2024 9:52 am

It must be mentioned that as pirate stations, no matter how big or how small, they all do a great service and all should show respect for one another. It also has to be said, that all pirates are vulnerable to raids by the authorities and can be on the air today and gone the next day.
Peace to all

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Wk-end » Thu May 30, 2024 5:45 pm

Ok...Very Respectful! And Its returned. Also what you say makes a lot of sence,
You're kind of saying what i'm saying.... What's the point turning on dial when someone is running power!?

Wk-end
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Wk-end » Thu May 30, 2024 5:52 pm

But now as a part time station is on 2 Freq is turning on, Our power is going to go up!
EG.. Whats the point?
Pick a clear dial to "part time it"
All Luv.

SnowmanMCR
ne guy
ne guy

Post by SnowmanMCR » Thu May 30, 2024 10:41 pm

Hey all. So I've watched with my popcorn for a minute and now it's my time to speak my thoughts on all this. As someone who has been around the pirates since the late 80s early 90s here in Manchester, I think respectfully to anyone reading this i do have some experience in the Manchester scene, hence why I was brought in on this project by the Wk-End managment team very early doors in a, lets say, 'consultant and engineer' role.

Right, let's get to the comments of the original poster and his comment about us clashing with another station in Merseyside over the bank holiday weekend. This was an unfortunate incident. It was unfortunate for a couple of reasons. First one being that NO PIRATE ever wants to cause interference to another station, be it another pirate or a legal. Hitting a legal brings DTI out and hitting a pirate...can at times...cause a nasty turf war. Nobody at Wk-End wants that. The second reason it was unfortunate was that the frequency of 100.8 has been used for at least 3 to 4 years by Base FM with no reports of anything like this before to my knowledge, apart from what Luckz has already mentioned about a station kindy moving frequency to give Base a chance to hit their Manchester catchment area as the other station I believe was running a much more powerful rig than Base was using at the time. I have no idea what station this was, but as far as I can remember, thats what happened. Please feel free to correct any inaccuracies.

If this said station (I think it was in Cheshire?) WAS running more power on the same frequency, then it begs the question why they didn't just continue to wipe Base out and force THEM to move. I can only assume that they too decided for the better option of moving frequency and not to start a turf war and have a visit from the crew at Base. Im also sure Base chose 100.8 when they first started their broadcasts a few years ago as both 100.7 and 100.8 were clear frequencies here in Manchester and their rig was only covering the Manchester area. They would have never intended to cause any problems of interference to another station in Cheshire or Merseyside anyway, as this is in nobody's interest full stop.

As we (Wk-End) have now taken over the 100.8 frequency from Base and brought the Base team on-board, we are here to stay. Make no mistake about that.

All I have heard from people since Buzz FM was layed to rest in 2009 is 'Snow when is Manny getting a full time pirate back'. Ok, so some have tried at weekends from time to time since then and Base tried very hard at it, but due to staffing problems, they could only do what they could do. We all know that NO pirate has been on 24/7 since the Buzz days. Now we are. So to anyone who has any doubts as to if we are going to give this a crack for the long run...make no mistake...people wanted it...now they have it.

To the Overdrive family and the family over in Merseyside or any other managers of stations. If you or anyone else wish to meet with me for a discussion about frequencies going forward, then please message me privately to sort out a meeting. I would also respectful ask any fellow station managers to please stay away from 100.8. We are running power and do not want to disrupt your part time/bank holiday broadcasts.

Someone made a comment about 'at least they are making the effort', talking about part time/bank holiday stations. While this may be case to some, the word effort does not really come into it. It's very easy to sling a dipole up on a pole over the bank holiday and run a small rig out of a house for the weekend. In fact it takes very little effort imo and the chances of being detected, never mind raided are 99% NOT going to happen. I have delt with the DTI and OFCOM personally, one to one and face to face chats before now and rest assured those part time stations do not even register to OFCOM. They have much bigger fishes to fry. So 'effort' is not really a statement to be made in these circumstances tbh and using TWO different frequencies for the SAME output in the same city or region? Absolute madness. No pirates want two frequencies in the same city. This just sounds like some old time dons with a couple of veronica's on the go. To me personally, it's like being a totally good law abiding citizen, then going to Asda and walking out with a shopping trolley full of food without paying, just because it's a bank holiday.

If we're talking time money and effort, then I think most of you on here will know here how much will have already been invested into Wk-End coming to Manchester. This game is not cheap. Equipment is expensive. Finding a roof is not easy. Keeping your roof is not easy. Securing your equipment is expensive and time consuming. Keeping a staff of over 30 DJs and presnters in check week in week out is not easy. So please, again, if we are talking 'effort', bank holiday/part time stations take little to no effort in the grand scheme of a full time FM station. While I admire the folk who still have VFO rigs in their lofts, again I respectfully ask you all to please be more aware of the frequency you may use for these future broadcasts and then everyone can be happy.

Wk-End has not turned up in Manchester with any thought of 'taking over' the dial. Wk-End and our management team have been involved in pirate radio for over 100 years combined. We are not kids. We are serious players in this shit. We respect ANYONE doing their thing, but we are here full time, with hight, with power and said station going forward may be wise to change frequency for their own broadcast good and for that of their listeners.

Anyway, as I said. Going forward if you have anything you wish to talk to me personally about then hit me up. Failing that just enjoy the ride baby.

Snow

jvok
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by jvok » Fri May 31, 2024 3:36 pm

I think people need to ask themselves whether they want to see a frequency used 24/7, or see it sit empty most of the year so it can be used for maybe 4-5 bank holidays weekends. Seems a bit shit to me to claim a frequency as yours because youve "been on it for years" when those years add up to maybe a couple of weeks of actual air time. Especially when theres other empty frequencies you can use. I doubt base/wkend wouldve ever picked 100.8 in the first place if concept were on 24/7.

All that said ive not seen any complaints from the actual concept crew, only a couple of users on this forum. Truth is wkend's coverage is patchy in most of liverpool at best and concept gets no where near manchester (and barely covers parts of liverpool sometimes). Only place they might clash is a narrow stretch around runcorn/warrington/st helens and chances are thats where Vinylizer was when he spotted it. I mean theres legal stations on the same freq that clash worse than that it some places. So this might not be as big an issue as a few are making it

Luckz-basefm
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Luckz-basefm » Fri May 31, 2024 5:21 pm

jvok wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:36 pm I think people need to ask themselves whether they want to see a frequency used 24/7, or see it sit empty most of the year so it can be used for maybe 4-5 bank holidays weekends. Seems a bit shit to me to claim a frequency as yours because youve "been on it for years" when those years add up to maybe a couple of weeks of actual air time. Especially when theres other empty frequencies you can use. I doubt base/wkend wouldve ever picked 100.8 in the first place if concept were on 24/7.

All that said ive not seen any complaints from the actual concept crew, only a couple of users on this forum. Truth is wkend's coverage is patchy in most of liverpool at best and concept gets no where near manchester (and barely covers parts of liverpool sometimes). Only place they might clash is a narrow stretch around runcorn/warrington/st helens and chances are thats where Vinylizer was when he spotted it. I mean theres legal stations on the same freq that clash worse than that it some places. So this might not be as big an issue as a few are making it
Well said sir

Blackjake
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Blackjake » Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:51 am

SnowmanMCR wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:41 pm Hey all. So I've watched with my popcorn for a minute and now it's my time to speak my thoughts on all this. As someone who has been around the pirates since the late 80s early 90s here in Manchester, I think respectfully to anyone reading this i do have some experience in the Manchester scene, hence why I was brought in on this project by the Wk-End managment team very early doors in a, lets say, 'consultant and engineer' role.

Right, let's get to the comments of the original poster and his comment about us clashing with another station in Merseyside over the bank holiday weekend. This was an unfortunate incident. It was unfortunate for a couple of reasons. First one being that NO PIRATE ever wants to cause interference to another station, be it another pirate or a legal. Hitting a legal brings DTI out and hitting a pirate...can at times...cause a nasty turf war. Nobody at Wk-End wants that. The second reason it was unfortunate was that the frequency of 100.8 has been used for at least 3 to 4 years by Base FM with no reports of anything like this before to my knowledge, apart from what Luckz has already mentioned about a station kindy moving frequency to give Base a chance to hit their Manchester catchment area as the other station I believe was running a much more powerful rig than Base was using at the time. I have no idea what station this was, but as far as I can remember, thats what happened. Please feel free to correct any inaccuracies.

If this said station (I think it was in Cheshire?) WAS running more power on the same frequency, then it begs the question why they didn't just continue to wipe Base out and force THEM to move. I can only assume that they too decided for the better option of moving frequency and not to start a turf war and have a visit from the crew at Base. Im also sure Base chose 100.8 when they first started their broadcasts a few years ago as both 100.7 and 100.8 were clear frequencies here in Manchester and their rig was only covering the Manchester area. They would have never intended to cause any problems of interference to another station in Cheshire or Merseyside anyway, as this is in nobody's interest full stop.

As we (Wk-End) have now taken over the 100.8 frequency from Base and brought the Base team on-board, we are here to stay. Make no mistake about that.

All I have heard from people since Buzz FM was layed to rest in 2009 is 'Snow when is Manny getting a full time pirate back'. Ok, so some have tried at weekends from time to time since then and Base tried very hard at it, but due to staffing problems, they could only do what they could do. We all know that NO pirate has been on 24/7 since the Buzz days. Now we are. So to anyone who has any doubts as to if we are going to give this a crack for the long run...make no mistake...people wanted it...now they have it.

To the Overdrive family and the family over in Merseyside or any other managers of stations. If you or anyone else wish to meet with me for a discussion about frequencies going forward, then please message me privately to sort out a meeting. I would also respectful ask any fellow station managers to please stay away from 100.8. We are running power and do not want to disrupt your part time/bank holiday broadcasts.

Someone made a comment about 'at least they are making the effort', talking about part time/bank holiday stations. While this may be case to some, the word effort does not really come into it. It's very easy to sling a dipole up on a pole over the bank holiday and run a small rig out of a house for the weekend. In fact it takes very little effort imo and the chances of being detected, never mind raided are 99% NOT going to happen. I have delt with the DTI and OFCOM personally, one to one and face to face chats before now and rest assured those part time stations do not even register to OFCOM. They have much bigger fishes to fry. So 'effort' is not really a statement to be made in these circumstances tbh and using TWO different frequencies for the SAME output in the same city or region? Absolute madness. No pirates want two frequencies in the same city. This just sounds like some old time dons with a couple of veronica's on the go. To me personally, it's like being a totally good law abiding citizen, then going to Asda and walking out with a shopping trolley full of food without paying, just because it's a bank holiday.

If we're talking time money and effort, then I think most of you on here will know here how much will have already been invested into Wk-End coming to Manchester. This game is not cheap. Equipment is expensive. Finding a roof is not easy. Keeping your roof is not easy. Securing your equipment is expensive and time consuming. Keeping a staff of over 30 DJs and presnters in check week in week out is not easy. So please, again, if we are talking 'effort', bank holiday/part time stations take little to no effort in the grand scheme of a full time FM station. While I admire the folk who still have VFO rigs in their lofts, again I respectfully ask you all to please be more aware of the frequency you may use for these future broadcasts and then everyone can be happy.

Wk-End has not turned up in Manchester with any thought of 'taking over' the dial. Wk-End and our management team have been involved in pirate radio for over 100 years combined. We are not kids. We are serious players in this shit. We respect ANYONE doing their thing, but we are here full time, with hight, with power and said station going forward may be wise to change frequency for their own broadcast good and for that of their listeners.

Anyway, as I said. Going forward if you have anything you wish to talk to me personally about then hit me up. Failing that just enjoy the ride baby.

Snow
[uote]
I'm sure the Overdrive family would appreciate your invitation to sit down and talk about frequency allocations but I can't see the point in them doing so as they do not have any issues with any fellow pirates.
As far as I'm aware nobody has complained to Overdrive about them being on 101.4 mhz.
:smoke