Has anyone ever used these 300w amps?

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
Elopid
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Has anyone ever used these 300w amps?

Post by Elopid » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:50 am

Not the nicest to look at but the price isn't bad at around £115 delivered. I'm thinking about buying some, has anyone used them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FM-Broadcast- ... 1754982808

pjeva
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Has anyone ever used these 300w amps?

Post by pjeva » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:25 pm

I cannot remember at the moment, but i think some Italian factories used this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muttley
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by muttley » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Elopid wrote:Image

Not the nicest to look at but the price isn't bad at around £115 delivered. I'm thinking about buying some, has anyone used them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FM-Broadcast- ... 1754982808
, 115 delivered, that cheap, Ive not used what you refer to tbh, If you dont mind putting your hand in your pocket, i found this design works rather well.
http://www.hf-electronics.nl/Webwinkel- ... -tune.html
;)

Elopid
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Elopid » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:40 pm

To be honest at 299 quid I do very much mind. That's creeping up to almost the same amount I can buy one for fully built.

Respect, Elo.

Analyser
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Analyser » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:50 pm

Elopid wrote:To be honest at 299 quid I do very much mind. That's creeping up to almost the same amount I can buy one for fully built.

Respect, Elo.
It's 299 euros, not pounds. :D

The one you posted indeed seems quite cheap at first but remember you'll need need to add a low pass filter and heatsink plus something to boost the power to drive it from your exciter, and a power supply to power that pre-driver. The HF electronics version has all that, plus SWR protection as well so you're not comparing like-for-like.
It might seem cheap at £115 but you need to add a load of stuff to get it working properly.

The £115 amp itself looks ok though. Have a look at some of the guys other products and you'll notice he goes through quite a few versions and puts little tables in the listing showing the version number and figures for power input and output etc. Nothing really bad with that but gives the feel that this is a 'work in progress' kind of operation.

muttley
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by muttley » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Elopid wrote:To be honest at 299 quid I do very much mind. That's creeping up to almost the same amount I can buy one for fully built.

Respect, Elo.
Sorry Elopid that you didn't get the answers you was looking for...We all like to get things a little bit cheaper, However i wouldn't have anything but this equipment, The quality and workmanship is second to none, I dont have to ask people if its any good. Good luck finding an alternative.
Kind Regards

Elopid
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Elopid » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:43 pm

That's fair enough but to me it sounds like you've might not have used anything else. I have got all the other required parts, 1w PLL, 5w amp board, 10.5amp 48v power supply, 300w+ low pass filter. ELO

muttley
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by muttley » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Fair play to you, But for me id rather pay someone who knows their onions in all fairness.
Its all very well having everything you need to put a tx together, But without the right test equipment, bird thru line, spectrum,you'll just be pissing in the wind. I dont know if you have the right equipment or not, but if you haven't id think very carefully before you start putting things together. I hope i haven't come across to patronizing.

Elopid
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Elopid » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:24 am

OK so I've ordered one so I'm going to see how I get on with it. Hi muttley, that's all taken care of and I can appreciate and understand your concern but rest assured I won't be doing anything unless it's tested on all of the correct gear which I do yes have access to.
I appreciate all your responses, I've purchased his LPF for this amplifier and I also have another two Dutch ones laying around. My exciter is of high quality and we've tested it to be very clean so hopefully it should be OK when the high power amp and LPF are added - we will see....
And if anyone's at all interested I can come back to this post later and share the results? EloPiD

Elopid
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Elopid » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:40 am

Analyser wrote: The £115 amp itself looks ok though. Have a look at some of the guys other products and you'll notice he goes through quite a few versions and puts little tables in the listing showing the version number and figures for power input and output etc. Nothing really bad with that but gives the feel that this is a 'work in progress' kind of operation.
I found a there was a datasheet and it looks like there's not been anything done since they last revised it in 2013 so I'm guessing they must be happy with it. I'll see how I get on. Thanks for your post. Elo

Maximus
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Maximus » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:01 am

I've seen some of their gear on eBay. They look alright tbf. Especially when their 1kw amps are only 350 euro.

Sent using Tapatalk

OgreVorbis
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by OgreVorbis » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:01 pm

That's the guy from what used to be called digitalian or something. I've ordered an amp from him before. It said tested and had a fake Q.C. pass sticker and FCC. Powered it up not really paying attention to the text on the transistor. It blew out because he soldered it in backwards :P It wasn't that model, but I wouldn't trust the guy. Before realizing what the problem was, I contacted him for help and got no response. Eventually I found the problem and asked for a refund, but no response.

Go with dutchrfshop. His prices are good and he always responds if you have a problem.

He has a new 300W am that he just came out with using one of those MRF 65:1 mismatch indestructible transistors: http://dutchrfshop.nl/fm-broadcast/300- ... ifier.html

Elopid
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Elopid » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:00 pm

OK so it arrived today with some other parts, lets see how we get on. I'll let you know. Elo
300w FM2.jpg
300w parts.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

d122y
ne guy
ne guy

Post by d122y » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:41 pm

how did it go?

Elopid
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Elopid » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:52 pm

Hello there D122y,

It still hasn't yet, I am currently busy working on other projects but I'll let you know how I get on once I've tried it

EloPiD