Jacking into pipes

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
BaconSarnie
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Jacking into pipes

Post by BaconSarnie » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:28 pm

I was watching Drowned City last night and on there it was showing them building the jacks, now I know people might not want to explain everything on an open forum so feel free to PM me, but I wanted to know how they were actually locking it? I mean if you lower it say a couple of meters you can't lock it with the lock thats attached - how would this be done? Weld a really long pipe onto a key or are they just putting it in low enough you can reach in at arms length but make it difficult to remove with a crowbar etc.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm being a dumb cunt but it baffled me as they had long poles in the middle of the car.

Safe!
"I see'z ya!"

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Jacking into pipes

Post by sinus trouble » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:28 pm

Hello Mr sarnie!
As you've probly seen? threaded universal plumb rod has been used many times with a key on the end!
it is lightweight and extendable! its all good when tightening a jack? but obviously risks couplers unscrewing when trying to retrieve the rig! :(
BAI1600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am as stupid as I look! :|

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:29 pm

PS where did you get drowned city from? :D
I am as stupid as I look! :|

radio-berlin
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by radio-berlin » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:01 am

You couldnt use a plumb rod..... you plum :D
It would twist and snap as you tighten the jack into the walls.

It a serious of steel rods or bar that fit together making one long bar with a car wheel locking piece welded to the end of it. The eye is cut off a car jack and the wheel locking nut welded on.

BaconSarnie
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by BaconSarnie » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:11 pm

I purchased it in HD when it was released, if someone suggests a way of ripping it from the tesco app then I'll upload it
"I see'z ya!"

DJ Mikey
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by DJ Mikey » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:02 am

radio-berlin wrote:You couldnt use a plumb rod..... you plum :D
It would twist and snap as you tighten the jack into the walls.

It a serious of steel rods or bar that fit together making one long bar with a car wheel locking piece welded to the end of it. The eye is cut off a car jack and the wheel locking nut welded on.
:lol: What he just said, also some have a plate built to fit size of the hole that is fitted on at top of the jack to stop thief's or anyone hitting at the jack arms with a pole, also helps if anyone pours or chucks anything down there, jacking can be hardwork but if you got the patience and the numbers to help do it, its the best way possible.

mrillusion
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by mrillusion » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:34 pm

you need to get hold of some shrinking dust from a magic elf then lower a partner down on a shoelace to turn the jack then pull him back up before the dust wears off