Any pirates in Greater Manchester area?

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
Guyofthenorth
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Re: Any pirates in Greater Manchester area?

Post by Guyofthenorth » Mon May 22, 2023 12:46 pm

Heard base fm Friday about midnight not far from the airport frequency 100.8 fm been on all weekend checked still playing now house music hopefully they stay a bit longer this time the only pirate in Manchester that I can find anyone else picking it up

Leroy-BaseFM
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Leroy-BaseFM » Fri May 26, 2023 3:16 pm

Guyofthenorth wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:46 pm Heard base fm Friday about midnight not far from the airport frequency 100.8 fm been on all weekend checked still playing now house music hopefully they stay a bit longer this time the only pirate in Manchester that I can find anyone else picking it up
Glad to hear we are getting out to you buddy. We are hoping to stay too!

Guyofthenorth
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Guyofthenorth » Fri May 26, 2023 5:03 pm

You are doing a great job we love base fm please just stay around this time

covidplandemic
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by covidplandemic » Fri May 26, 2023 5:44 pm

great to see base fm back on the air.
got a good signal in urmston this morning and was good on the m60 as far as bolton.

Leroy-BaseFM
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Leroy-BaseFM » Fri May 26, 2023 10:32 pm

covidplandemic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:44 pm great to see base fm back on the air.
got a good signal in urmston this morning and was good on the m60 as far as bolton.
Thanks buddy, we are a bit droppy in parts, but got some things in the works to fix that

jvok
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by jvok » Fri May 26, 2023 10:36 pm

Got base fm driving past manchester on m60 today, solid live set with some good tunes.

Also some interference on 100.8 in some eastern european language (Polish?) Either e-skip or we've got a polish pirate somewhere. Leaning towards e-skip though cus I was picking up something spanish on 87.5 too

Leroy-BaseFM
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Leroy-BaseFM » Fri May 26, 2023 10:38 pm

jvok wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:36 pm Got base fm driving past manchester on m60 today, solid live set with some good tunes.

Also some interference on 100.8 in some eastern european language (Polish?) Either e-skip or we've got a polish pirate somewhere. Leaning towards e-skip though cus I was picking up something spanish on 87.5 too
Yeah I'd say e-skip, dont really have any issues on the freq in the Manchester area. Glad we are getting out to you. How was the audio?

jvok
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by jvok » Sat May 27, 2023 1:59 pm

Pretty good sounded just like any other station tbh

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Casual » Sun May 28, 2023 6:49 pm

Nice to see Base returning & something else popping off in another UK city outside of London & Birmingham. Manchester have needed a Dance music pirate for many years now. Good luck Base! 👍

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Sun May 28, 2023 7:51 pm

I caught Base on 100.8 on the M60 northbound. Decent signal, no RDS but audible (though my car stereo has bad grounding so RDS would probably be solid on a decent set).
100.8 seems to be a hot frequency around the North West, 4 stations now using it. I personally would have said to Base to use 101.4 as there's fewer stations (legal or otherwise) around there, would cause less drama. Keep the good tunes up but keep the peace too ain't it :tup
FM for lyfe!

Leroy-BaseFM
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Leroy-BaseFM » Mon May 29, 2023 9:03 pm

g33ky wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:51 pm I caught Base on 100.8 on the M60 northbound. Decent signal, no RDS but audible (though my car stereo has bad grounding so RDS would probably be solid on a decent set).
100.8 seems to be a hot frequency around the North West, 4 stations now using it. I personally would have said to Base to use 101.4 as there's fewer stations (legal or otherwise) around there, would cause less drama. Keep the good tunes up but keep the peace too ain't it :tup
We have no intentions of breaking the peace! Our RDS is quite a strong signal, so I would say its your set!!

covidplandemic
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by covidplandemic » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:40 pm

these guys are professional pirates and doing a great job for free radio👍

tvtv
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by tvtv » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:15 pm

Leroy-BaseFM wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:03 pm
g33ky wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:51 pm 100.8 seems to be a hot frequency around the North West, 4 stations now using it. I personally would have said to Base to use 101.4 as there's fewer stations (legal or otherwise) around there, would cause less drama. Keep the good tunes up but keep the peace too ain't it :tup
We have no intentions of breaking the peace!
We have seen you give out personal details on this public forum!

Leroy-BaseFM
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Leroy-BaseFM » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:44 pm

tvtv wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:15 pm
g33ky wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:51 pm 100.8 seems to be a hot frequency around the North West, 4 stations now using it. I personally would have said to Base to use 101.4 as there's fewer stations (legal or otherwise) around there, would cause less drama. Keep the good tunes up but keep the peace too ain't it :tup
I'd appreciate if you can scroll back up through the forum and see it wasn't me or the station that did that.

We would never give out personal information.

tvtv
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by tvtv » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:21 am

Leroy-BaseFM wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:44 pm

I'd appreciate if you can scroll back up through the forum and see it wasn't me or the station that did that.

You used the previous username , then created your new one a minute after being called out for being the same person, let’s leave that there shall we.

Leroy-BaseFM
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Leroy-BaseFM » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:16 am

tvtv wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:21 am
Leroy-BaseFM wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:44 pm

You used the previous username , then created your new one a minute after being called out for being the same person, let’s leave that there shall we.
I have no idea what you are on about! :D - If youd like to reach out to an admin to confirm, you are more than welcome, or lets speak offline - [email protected]

Guyofthenorth
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Guyofthenorth » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:04 am

Personal details even if they were personal details why would you let anyone know that they were
I’ve already apologise to the guy in pm The day I did it I don’t work for BASE FM OWNERS but if there was a chance that I could then I’d be happy to Leroy base FMPM me if there’s any work going

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:22 pm

Guyofthenorth wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:04 am Personal details even if they were personal details why would you let anyone know that they were
I’ve already apologise to the guy in pm The day I did it I don’t work for BASE FM OWNERS but if there was a chance that I could then I’d be happy to Leroy base FMPM me if there’s any work going
Is that a genuine question ?
You got me thinking about this now, maybe
I can help answer that
— If your car was being vandalized would you call the vandal out in public and therefore stop it and warn your neighbours or would you carry on watching a film or keeping fit ?
I know what you are getting at though, you mean saying something draws attention to the details (of course) and may otherwise have gone unnoticed or unverified, but isn’t it better to call it out (get it removed) and prevent any ‘genuine mistake’ from happening again. The crux of the matter isn’t that random people know the details , it’s that you don’t put out the details of someone actively involved in running fm stations for the dti who read the forum. Thankfully the admins removed it prior to anyone probably seeing it, but just in case you are in any doubt what affect this has beyond Ofcom getting to hear about it - the station has not been on the air since, that could well have been the motive behind the forum post (to try keep the freq clear, even though base joined the party last AND the four stations on that freq don’t even cover the same areas. If your apology was genuine and your question still valid , then maybe this post has helped answer your query.

I have no hate towards anyone on here, I love pirate radio , that’s why i’m here, and I’ve been involved enough years to know what and who goes to make up the pirate community, that’s fine , I’ve been up and down tower blocks in and out of caravans . there are those who will chit chat , can’t stop that, it’s chit chat, but when someone blatantly replies to a harmless forum post name dropping and the the like (about the person they are replying too) that speaks volumes. It’s not just one duck in a row it’s several, and too many coincidences for my liking and a whiff of threats too . Those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones (comes to mind). You will be surprised what info I know.
Sony ST 920 QS

Guyofthenorth
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Guyofthenorth » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:11 pm

I see base FM back on 100.8 picked them up south Manchester area going strong to Bolton
RDS showing station name and website got to love the people behind base FM they keep coming back on with great music keep up the good work guys/girls
anyone else picking them up

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:30 pm

Can hear them in Stretton, better in my car than last time.
Sony ST 920 QS