Fever fm nolonger availble on dab

Discuss UK FM/DAB/AM/SW licensed stations here.
radionortheast
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Fever fm nolonger availble on dab

Post by radionortheast » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:19 pm

I’m wondering if anyone knows whats going on with this, i’ve noticed its disappeared from dab in Leeds, :shock: it is still on fm. Usually they are quite up on things, a while ago their transmitter must of blown a mosfet, it was only heard weakly, they mentioned it on facebook, with alot of stations you never hear of this happening, any mention of any problem. :?

ehsanspicedigital
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Re: Fever fm nolonger availble on dab

Post by ehsanspicedigital » Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:03 pm

Found out that fever wasn’t paying their fees to the multiplex owner, that’s why they got pulled off the MUX!

Frequent Lee
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Frequent Lee » Fri Aug 23, 2024 6:29 am

ehsanspicedigital wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:03 pm Found out that fever wasn’t paying their fees to the multiplex owner, that’s why they got pulled off the MUX!
Jab is making decent money off fever he should have the funds to afford it 🤣

radionortheast
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radionortheast » Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:41 pm

I read a while ago that one of the stations that had mw transmitter didn’t want to go on either Bradford or Leeds because the other station in charge, seems a common thing, other areas theres been stations refused to go on because of the other community station in charge, its something they never thought of, with them they were like old local radio station trying to emulate a 90’s ILR radio station theres a competition between similar stations.

Fever would get into trouble if they didn’t transmit on fm, with dab they are just been carried it dosen’t seem that good to not pay the bill. I suppose a listener on dab can tune to fm if their radio has it, but with there been so many other stations on dab, think you would retune they might to tune to dance asia, its what I would do. All the choice is there on dab, not on fm, I do think its a backwards step for them not to be were the choice is.