The final words from East and Susie, last few minutes of the real Kool FM

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
zoostorm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: The final words from East and Susie, last few minutes of the real Kool FM

Post by zoostorm » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:06 pm

I had to lock in via the Rinse slot on DAB. The Kool stream is now working for me via the Rinse website also but took around 20 mins or so to get it up.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:14 pm

I think it's working now on simple radio 📻

sproggy
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by sproggy » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:21 pm

What a fail. It was never this difficult on 94.6 :whistle

zoostorm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by zoostorm » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:44 pm

Gee just mentioned on-air that they've had to double the bandwidth for the stream.

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:27 pm

zoostorm wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:44 pm Gee just mentioned on-air that they've had to double the bandwidth for the stream.
Yeah too many people was trying to listen at the same time and they maxed out there online listening block . So no one else could listen !

zoostorm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by zoostorm » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:05 pm

For those wanting the direct stream to input into an internet radio or Android app like VTuner.

https://admin.stream.rinse.fm/proxy/kool/stream

Launch day is now being repeated until 3am.

Friday's schedule is now up.

Playlist until 11am.
11-2: Uncle Dugs (simulcast with Rinse)
2-6: Crate Classics
6-8: Jungle Cakes
8-11: Fabio & Grooverider

Saturday only has Funky Flirt on from 10-noon.

Sunday has Congo Natty 2-4, Pola & Bryson 5-8 and Brockie and Det from 8pm. There are loads of slots still TBC next weekend.

Hollystreet
ne guy
ne guy

Post by Hollystreet » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:43 pm

oldskoollondon wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:58 pm I've been hearing Underground Bass on 94.6 now with live DJs anytime I've tuned in over the last few days. They are using the same mobile number as Kool London used and I've noticed the app on Google Play has changed its name to Underground Bass. On the radio app I use, Kool LDN preset has vanished and Underground Bass has taken its place. I've also heard a DJ from Toronto and one from NY later in the night. Make of that what you will.
There seems to be quite a few DJS that have jumped from Eruption to UGB too, Sarge, Infinity, cant remember the other few right now. Heard Episode is leaving and joining UGB too.
I haven't listened to Eruption for quite a while now, how are they doing these days? are they still on FM?
Talking about your own station like you have heard this and heard that is quite pathetic Oldskool, are you that desperate that you think slyly promoting your station on radionecks is the way forward!! Remember this Damien your station is the rejects!! the DJ’s that neither kool or Eruption wanted!! You should have called it Kurruption FM 😂, copying hashtags, ringing up Dj’s jumping on the back of others work your a parasite!!

zoostorm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by zoostorm » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:01 pm

It seems Jay Cunning's show on Underground Bass is his podcast show with him doing guest mixes for Kool, but no regular slot.

zoostorm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by zoostorm » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:11 am

Eastman is on Kool this Sunday from 10am-noon.

Time2Shine
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Time2Shine » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:19 pm

Rinse have done Kool proud and the fact 94.6 continues is all the better. Is Kool available on Google nest devices?

82EmbleyPoint
ne guy
ne guy

Post by 82EmbleyPoint » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:15 am

Rinse have fucked Kool, to take a radio brand like that not even give it its own website/FM/DAB platform is a pisstake, if you look all the DJ’s say listen via Rinse FM and then hashtag Kool FM WTF. Rinse has been on a downward spiral for a while he has bought Kool purely to advertise Rinse!! Rinsing every bit of credibility that kool once had, if he loved Kool as much as he says he does he would made it its own radio station not some sort subsidiary of an old sold out pirate, it horrible watching a station that was once an institution being used as a cash cow! Listen to kool via rinse tells you all you need to know. RIP Kool FM & more importantly Kool London

Time2Shine
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Time2Shine » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:07 pm

82EmbleyPoint wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:15 am Rinse have fucked Kool, to take a radio brand like that not even give it its own website/FM/DAB platform is a pisstake, if you look all the DJ’s say listen via Rinse FM and then hashtag Kool FM WTF. Rinse has been on a downward spiral for a while he has bought Kool purely to advertise Rinse!! Rinsing every bit of credibility that kool once had, if he loved Kool as much as he says he does he would made it its own radio station not some sort subsidiary of an old sold out pirate, it horrible watching a station that was once an institution being used as a cash cow! Listen to kool via rinse tells you all you need to know. RIP Kool FM & more importantly Kool London
For me it is about the music and as a listener Kool at the moment is better than it was in November 2022. Rinse need to give them decent bandwith - I couldn't even get a stream on Friday from a work desktop - but other than that the station is clearly smashing it. Having said that the playlist times when DJ's arent on line contains way too much shitty dubstep which is pretty much a dead genre.

zoostorm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by zoostorm » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:59 pm

The main gripes I have with the new "Rinse Kool" is that some sets are only an hour. Jerome Hill for example should have at least two hours instead of the second hour being the playlist.

On Saturday, they only had one live set and then stuck on archives or the playlist for the rest of the day.

Deadlyuk
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Deadlyuk » Mon May 01, 2023 9:36 am

As said above, I think the main thing is about the music and the format. There are stations that are playing garbage over multiple platforms, so not overly focused on that element

Having said that I also agree that it should have its own standalone site.

Early days, will be interesting to see where it is by the end of the year. Love their new studio, the last one looked like a kids party venue 😆

mixfm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by mixfm » Mon May 01, 2023 8:17 pm

looks like kool has no future to me. you carnt have a station with a name like kool london, streaming half the original dj mcs on rinse, simple. never thought kool would have came to this tbh. its sounds to me rinse have lost it. kool ldn need its own fm - or dab freq;;; not good;

zoostorm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by zoostorm » Tue May 02, 2023 10:13 pm

Locked on to Uno at the moment who is live, but he's only on for an hour.

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Fri May 19, 2023 10:44 pm

82EmbleyPoint wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:15 am Rinse have fucked Kool, to take a radio brand like that not even give it its own website/FM/DAB platform is a pisstake, if you look all the DJ’s say listen via Rinse FM and then hashtag Kool FM WTF. Rinse has been on a downward spiral for a while he has bought Kool purely to advertise Rinse!! Rinsing every bit of credibility that kool once had, if he loved Kool as much as he says he does he would made it its own radio station not some sort subsidiary of an old sold out pirate, it horrible watching a station that was once an institution being used as a cash cow! Listen to kool via rinse tells you all you need to know. RIP Kool FM & more importantly Kool London
I think it’s more than likely going to do extremely well for its self as Kool, as is the spin off station with some of the ex Kool djs . It’s all exciting stuff , for us as listeners. Even more to choose from . The best of the best on Kool and that original pirate vibe on 946 . Can’t go wrong really.
As for Rinse , let’s face it , they haven’t done bad as a pirate or legal. Pretty sure they shared blocks with Kool back in the day . 🤷‍♂️ Some very positive stuff these days in 2023

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Fri May 19, 2023 10:57 pm

Time2Shine wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:19 pm Rinse have done Kool proud and the fact 94.6 continues is all the better. Is Kool available on Google nest devices?
Totally agree 👍🏻

mikus
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by mikus » Tue May 30, 2023 10:06 am

zoostorm wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:05 pm For those wanting the direct stream to input into an internet radio or Android app like VTuner.
This link doesnt work for me - I think Audials only takes a .pls file? Anyone got one?

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Casual » Tue May 30, 2023 11:24 pm

mikus wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:06 am
zoostorm wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:05 pm For those wanting the direct stream to input into an internet radio or Android app like VTuner.
This link doesnt work for me - I think Audials only takes a .pls file? Anyone got one?
As good as Audials is, it can be tempramental with certain stream URL's for absolutely no reason at all & just won't wanna play them! My suggestion is try VRadio as Kool's stream 100% works perfectly on there.