Release FM causing drama :D

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
maxx
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Release FM causing drama :D

Post by maxx » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Just come accross this.. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2001241 lol

I mean come on Wave gets out for miles..

DJ Mikey
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Release FM causing drama :D

Post by DJ Mikey » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:48 pm

This comment on there:
- Have complained and it appears because I am "just outside the area" Ofcom are reluctant to do anything about it!!! What a cop out!!!

Seems like Ofcom are not as strict these days they usually react to a complaint straight away or use to back in the day...Long live Pirate radio !!! Also they are narf a bunch of fucking moaners on that Digital Spy... I see alot going about some French station interfering to, what they want next ofcom to do something about that too, bunch of melts on that site !!!

RG1
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by RG1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:48 am

It's not just Wave further afield! They're absolutely crushing XFM and Heart FM in their home town, have done for ages! I listen to release sometimes but in the evenings when they have live shows, some of them are terrible, especially the ones where they're playing crusty old jump up drum and bass from 2001 with an overexcited DJ.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:55 am

The reason they moved from 105.1 over to 105.2 is due to it being an occasional RSL frequency and there's also a licensed community station in Luton on 105.1 which they could interfere with.
So if anything the reason they have moved is to make sure they don't interfere with anyone in their own coverage area, like any responsible station would do.

The guy's behind the station have been in this game for years, know exactly what they are doing and in my opinion they are setting a good example of exactly how a station should operate.

:tup

....Digital Spy is full of nothing but moany old c.unt sacks with nothing else better to do.

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by thewisepranker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:51 am

Why would you listen to Wave by choice?

Optimus Prime
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Optimus Prime » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:16 pm

thewisepranker wrote:Why would you listen to Wave by choice?
Lol! Exactly what I thought! Moany old wishy washy do-gooder cunts!

Sent from a tin can & string on road

Real Talk
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Real Talk » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:38 am

RG1 wrote:It's not just Wave further afield! They're absolutely crushing XFM and Heart FM in their home town, have done for ages! I listen to release sometimes but in the evenings when they have live shows, some of them are terrible, especially the ones where they're playing crusty old jump up drum and bass from 2001 with an overexcited DJ.
Oh boo hoo what a shame lets all lose sleep coz you can't listen to XFM and Heart FM with your pony little radio in the same area as where Release FM come from!! Next :arrow:

RG1
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by RG1 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:30 pm

Real Talk wrote:
RG1 wrote:It's not just Wave further afield! They're absolutely crushing XFM and Heart FM in their home town, have done for ages! I listen to release sometimes but in the evenings when they have live shows, some of them are terrible, especially the ones where they're playing crusty old jump up drum and bass from 2001 with an overexcited DJ.
Oh boo hoo what a shame lets all lose sleep coz you can't listen to XFM and Heart FM with your pony little radio in the same area as where Release FM come from!! Next :arrow:
Fuck Heart FM! it's Magic FM and X FM there mashing up! Not sure why I said heart, same shit anyway.
Anyway, like I said, there ok to listen to when theyre not live until someone comes on playing banging cheesy northen EDM house!

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:20 am

Most people listen to the radio via a car these days and 99% of car radio's seem to be able to seperate FM station's that are 0.2MHz away from each other without any problems. :tup

RG1
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by RG1 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:47 pm

Most car radios now have the aerials built into the window so....the 0.2mghz separation rule goes flying right out of the window! As this type of setup has built in aerial amplifiers and boosters that also boost anything around it. Pirate reception has actually got worse in new cars for this reason too!

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:49 am

I'm still seeing many new cars separate them when they're 0.1MHz away, so in this case we will just have to agree to disagree or this could go on for a long time and around in circles.

ir8 pir8
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by ir8 pir8 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:01 pm

Can pick them up but theres a station cming from Lodnon on the same dial!!