Best Apps for accessing all stations

Casual chatter & off-topic talk in here please! Soon to be world-famous acts of neckery will take place in this very venue. Topics here are known to get out of hand! Not to be taken seriously by anyone.
Post Reply
mikus
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by mikus » Sun May 21, 2023 10:03 pm

No doubt has been mentioned before but don't think there's been a thread.

What with TuneIn out of the picture, what are the other options. Obviously looking for something with the full range of pirates. I want something to use with Windows as well as Android.

Would rather free, but if its good enough could be convinced to pay for something.

Steve
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:15 am

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by Steve » Mon May 22, 2023 6:36 am

I use Audials, most are on there. I like the layout of it as well and I can skip to next station in my favourites via car steering wheel control when connected.

mikus
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by mikus » Mon May 22, 2023 10:27 am

Steve wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:36 am I use Audials, most are on there. I like the layout of it as well and I can skip to next station in my favourites via car steering wheel control when connected.
good one! ive just given this a shot....like it so far. majority of my stations on there - in fact the only one I cant find is house fm dot net
how do you get steering wheel to connect?

Steve
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:15 am

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by Steve » Mon May 22, 2023 11:47 am

mikus wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:27 am
how do you get steering wheel to connect?
I just conect my phone in the normal way through stereo, one day quite randomly pushed the steering wheel <> buttons and realised it skips through my favourites on the app. Accidental discovery! In a Ford, not sure about other models/makes.


House FM definitely on there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mikus
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by mikus » Mon May 22, 2023 4:03 pm

thanks - found house fm - its hidden and had to click an extra prompt about something to do with countries

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by LeeCavanagh » Sat May 27, 2023 11:46 pm

MyTuner is my fave, its also got an app on samsung tv's, they also have a Carplay version if you connect your phone via blutooth to your car stereo, i have a nice kenwood does job when i’m out n about
Sony ST 920 QS

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:40 pm
Location: Central Nowheresville

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by Casual » Mon May 29, 2023 2:39 am

Apps that will instantly work & already have most (if not all) stations already pre-listed I'd recommend Audials (also has a great record function) or Simple Radio.

I personally use VRadio as I just like the way it looks on the eye, has a record function & works great on my 4K Fire Stick! Most stations aren't pre-listed on it though so I had to manually put them on myself using direct stream URL's (the stream link threads on here come in handy for this!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:40 pm
Location: Central Nowheresville

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by Casual » Wed May 31, 2023 11:17 pm

Online Radio Box is pretty decent too for an app with most stations already pre-installed.

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by peterogerspirate » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:34 pm

Casual wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:17 pm Online Radio Box is pretty decent too for an app with most stations already pre-installed.
Agreed the best by a mile https://onlineradiobox.com/uk/

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:35 am
Location: South London

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by Polecat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:23 am

I use: https://mytuner-radio.com/

I listen mainly to non UK stations and haven’t failed to find any of them yet.
Polecat
No Groove Where I Come From

tvtv
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by tvtv » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:38 am

Polecat wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:23 am I use: https://mytuner-radio.com/

I listen mainly to non UK stations and haven’t failed to find any of them yet.
I use myTuner CarPlay , but all overseas stations are geo blocked (unlike if you use their website), they are trying to ‘police;’ thei app by only allowing uk stations , I don’t think it’s their job , also some uk stations that use overseas web servers suffer. I do like their tv app and CarPlay but I also use online radio box, and Audials

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:35 am
Location: South London

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by Polecat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:33 pm

tvtv wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:38 am
Polecat wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:23 am I use: https://mytuner-radio.com/

I listen mainly to non UK stations and haven’t failed to find any of them yet.
I use myTuner CarPlay , but all overseas stations are geo blocked (unlike if you use their website), they are trying to ‘police;’ thei app by only allowing uk stations , I don’t think it’s their job , also some uk stations that use overseas web servers suffer. I do like their tv app and CarPlay but I also use online radio box, and Audials
That’s interesting. I played a French station on the my tuner app in my car the other day and it was fine. It’s the only time I’ve ever used the app as I usually listen via Alexa/hifi at home. I will try accessing stations via Alexa in the car…never thought of trying it.
Polecat
No Groove Where I Come From

tvtv
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by tvtv » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:20 pm

Polecat wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:33 pm
tvtv wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:38 am
Polecat wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:23 am I use: https://mytuner-radio.com/

I listen mainly to non UK stations and haven’t failed to find any of them yet.
I use myTuner CarPlay , but all overseas stations are geo blocked (unlike if you use their website), they are trying to ‘police;’ thei app by only allowing uk stations , I don’t think it’s their job , also some uk stations that use overseas web servers suffer. I do like their tv app and CarPlay but I also use online radio box, and Audials
That’s interesting. I played a French station on the my tuner app in my car the other day and it was fine. It’s the only time I’ve ever used the app as I usually listen via Alexa/hifi at home. I will try accessing stations via Alexa in the car…never thought of trying it.
If I copy an overseas station, and enter it into the myTuner custom radio option it works, but not if I search for it in the app, when I click play doing that it refuses to play

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:40 pm
Location: Central Nowheresville

Re: Best Apps for accessing all stations

Post by Casual » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:24 pm

peterogerspirate wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:34 pm
Casual wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:17 pm Online Radio Box is pretty decent too for an app with most stations already pre-installed.
Agreed the best by a mile https://onlineradiobox.com/uk/
If the Online Radio Box app had a record function & a function to enter unlisted stations via a direct stream URL then I would agree with you, but coz it doesn't Audials pips it for me (although visually Online Radio Box does look better than Audials). If Online Radio Box were to incorporate these functions then it would definitely be a winner & I'd 100% make the switch.

Post Reply