Underground Bass

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:30 pm

Underground Bass

Post by Ian » Fri May 19, 2023 10:28 pm

8-) 8-) Not a bad station , I have listening to this a bit. Recently. A lot of old Kool djs and other pirate djs from other stations. Got a good family vibe about it. Like Wkend . Real pirate vibe and something authentic. I like it ..

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: Underground Bass

Post by famefm » Sat May 20, 2023 4:21 pm

They are now on simple radio 📻

mikus
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Re: Underground Bass

Post by mikus » Mon May 22, 2023 10:31 am

Continuity Kool FM
The Real Kool FM
:smoke

tatty
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:42 pm

Re: Underground Bass

Post by tatty » Tue May 23, 2023 3:22 pm

are they on the fm band

Time2Shine
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 21, 2022 11:35 am

Re: Underground Bass

Post by Time2Shine » Fri May 26, 2023 4:40 pm

tatty wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:22 pm are they on the fm band
On a very quiet signal on 94.6. They should get a decent AM rig going and go full Anorak.

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:40 pm
Location: Central Nowheresville

Re: Underground Bass

Post by Casual » Sun May 28, 2023 6:56 pm

Was in London yesterday afternoon & tuned into Underground Bass. They really need to sort their audio out. Sounded really flat & quiet on 94.6. Must be going for authentic 90's unprocessed pirate sound!

zoostorm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:52 am

Re: Underground Bass

Post by zoostorm » Mon May 29, 2023 2:23 pm

The stream is flat as well.

Dexter
ne guy
ne guy
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Re: Underground Bass

Post by Dexter » Mon May 29, 2023 7:36 pm

How does it sound flat? I listen to the stream on various platforms and it don’t sound flat? No bass or treble?

tatty
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:42 pm

Re: Underground Bass

Post by tatty » Mon May 29, 2023 10:39 pm

is this the new name for kool fm

zoostorm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:52 am

Re: Underground Bass

Post by zoostorm » Mon May 29, 2023 11:56 pm

tatty wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:39 pm is this the new name for kool fm
It's a splinter station after Kool was taken over by Rinse FM. It has the majority of Kool DJs who weren't taken on by Rinse, plus some from Eruption and Origin. It was known as K31 before the Kool relaunch.

Underground Bass took over Kool's Chatroom as well.

tatty
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:42 pm

Re: Underground Bass

Post by tatty » Tue May 30, 2023 11:26 pm

what has happened to kool it looks like its just rinse fm when you search for kool

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:40 pm
Location: Central Nowheresville

Re: Underground Bass

Post by Casual » Tue May 30, 2023 11:28 pm

Dexter wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:36 pm How does it sound flat? I listen to the stream on various platforms and it don’t sound flat? No bass or treble?
To be fair the audio on the web stream sounds alright, it's the audio on the FM that sounds flat & quiet.

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:40 pm
Location: Central Nowheresville

Re: Underground Bass

Post by Casual » Tue May 30, 2023 11:31 pm

tatty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:26 pm what has happened to kool it looks like its just rinse fm when you search for kool
Rinse FM have taken over the running of Kool FM & it now appears to be a subsidiary of Rinse. It really should have it's own separate website/presence IMO. Maybe in the future it will?.....

Time2Shine
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 21, 2022 11:35 am

Re: Underground Bass

Post by Time2Shine » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:24 pm

Casual wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:31 pm
tatty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:26 pm what has happened to kool it looks like its just rinse fm when you search for kool
Rinse FM have taken over the running of Kool FM & it now appears to be a subsidiary of Rinse. It really should have it's own separate website/presence IMO. Maybe in the future it will?.....
I agree. It is crazy that I can listen to two bob station rinse's stream via Google nest but kool is invisible..Rinse is a dead station at the moment. End up listening to eruption in the bath when if KOOL were available it would be my first choice. Streaming from phone in the morning is one step too many. It is as if rinse have taken KOOL as a trophy rather than deciding to build.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: Underground Bass

Post by famefm » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:30 pm

But it is on simple radio both the new break away 94.6 station and the new rinse controlled kool if you search on simple radio

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:40 pm
Location: Central Nowheresville

Re: Underground Bass

Post by Casual » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:54 am

Time2Shine wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:24 pm
Casual wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:31 pm
tatty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:26 pm what has happened to kool it looks like its just rinse fm when you search for kool
Rinse FM have taken over the running of Kool FM & it now appears to be a subsidiary of Rinse. It really should have it's own separate website/presence IMO. Maybe in the future it will?.....
I agree. It is crazy that I can listen to two bob station rinse's stream via Google nest but kool is invisible..Rinse is a dead station at the moment. End up listening to eruption in the bath when if KOOL were available it would be my first choice. Streaming from phone in the morning is one step too many. It is as if rinse have taken KOOL as a trophy rather than deciding to build.
Not sure if I agree about Rinse being a dead station or 2 bob to be honest. I can appreciate that some of the stuff they play won't be to everyone's taste but what they do do they do very well with DJ's/artists who are at the cutting edge of their individual scenes/genres. If you compare Rinse to Flex (who I believe have exactly the same or similar community licence terms) the quality of content & calibre of DJ that play on the 2 stations is night & day! Rinse as a platform know exactly what they're doing & have kept that quality consistent over the years since becoming legal whereas Flex is a clown show & a glorified youth training scheme live on the radio! Some of their content is absolute dog shit & is completely unlistenable for an alleged Dance music station which has clearly completely sold out & lost it's soul since becoming legal (in my opinion!).

As for Kool, like I said in my previous comment, hopefully Rinse at some point in the future will give Kool the individual presence it deserves as a platform. Kool certainly doesn't deserve to be the little brother/plan B to the Rinse platform & I think the 2 should be on equal footing as platforms as the quality is high on both although the demographic/audiences for the 2 are completely different. I'm hoping that the subsidiary appearance Kool has currently since being taken over by Rinse is just a teething problem which will be resolved in time with some clear seperation of the 2 later on. I trust Rinse know what they're doing & in the long run will do what's right & get sorted what needs to be be sorted for Kool.

In the meantime if you're looking for a go-to place (app-wise) for the Kool stream in a search & one click, Online Radio Box or Simple Radio (like Fame has stated) seem to be the ones for now.

And Underground Bass - I beg you get your sound quality on 94.6 sorted asap! You guys have been on for a bit now & it's still sounding quiet/as flat as a pancake compared to some of the other pirates out there! It would be alright if you were a talk station but you need louder audio & some processing if you're gonna play what you play & fill those big shoes on the lengendary 94.6 dial.

tatty
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:42 pm

Re: Underground Bass

Post by tatty » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:28 pm

The signal on 94.6 is shocking can hardly get it around east london

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: Underground Bass

Post by famefm » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:56 pm

Perhaps being on lower power means less problems from ofcom

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:55 pm

Re: Underground Bass

Post by Sparki » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:32 pm

famefm wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:56 pm Perhaps being on lower power means less problems from ofcom
Does it sound like they are coming out of a toilet roll tube? I remember back in the early 00s when I first started listening to the pirates in my area of Kent you'd get a station come on and their audio was pants for a good few months before they upgraded to either a better rig, got someone in to do the sound who knew what they were doing and in general seemed to have a plan for going forwards and sounding better. In this day and age though you'd think the sound would be clear, as you listen to some pirates these days and they sound better than the legals.

User avatar
radionortheast
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:38 pm

Re: Underground Bass

Post by radionortheast » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:46 pm

Maybe their worried about over deviating, there was a message on another forum, something complaining, I didn’t understand it myself, you will usually hear a transmitter 100khz either side of it when close by https://members7.boardhost.com/PirateRa ... 22063.html

Post Reply