Has anyone on here ever fly a drone and it could be very useful to check the TX site?

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
fmuser877
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Has anyone on here ever fly a drone and it could be very useful to check the TX site?

Post by fmuser877 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:33 am

to see if offcom are about? :D

fmuser877
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Has anyone on here ever fly a drone and it could be very useful to check the TX site?

Post by fmuser877 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:36 am

they can be very useful maybe for finding good places to?

freequency
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Re: Has anyone on here ever fly a drone and it could be very useful to check the TX site?

Post by freequency » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:00 pm

Nice idea, have thought the same too

reverend
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by reverend » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:46 pm

Drones are being used to measure the radiation pattern of broadcast antennas. Fly the drone around them and you can check that the power is going in the right direction.

They're also being used by the 'powers that be' to help detect illegal transmitters, by putting a directional antenna on a drone, flying it up high where it's clear of buildings and reflections, and rotating it 360 degrees. Or by using a number of drones and measuring the difference in arrival time of a signal between them (three are needed for this to work properly).

Rev
if it ain't broke, keep tweaking

freequency
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by freequency » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 pm

Wow! Interesting and worrying!

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:26 pm

It sounds like a great idea? :)

However i own a drone and they not exactly the stealthiest of craft! They are sound like a swarm of very large bees!

Also when i have taken it out in public? They attract a LOT of attention, Mostly negative!

I doubt people would also take kindly to a drone hovering outside their flat window! :lol:
I am as stupid as I look! :|

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:42 pm

The one i own is pretty small! Whilst it is very stable? The higher it goes, the more it is effected by wind!

You could pay up to £1000 on a GPS supported version? A collision with anything will result in a costly bill! :lol:
Tello Drone.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:59 am

You could argue that it is cheaper than a fine from old bill for radio related offences?

Yet we have seen hefty sentences recently from airport breaches that allsorts of allegations can be held against you!

Sinister intentions or not? That wont stop them throwing the book at you in a court of law!

fmuser877
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by fmuser877 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:42 am

No one seems to care about my mini 2 some I have show how good the video looks on it.