SDR 29.162 MHZ

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
Stafball
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

SDR 29.162 MHZ

Post by Stafball » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:37 pm

I have a cheep usb sdr and when scanning the fqs on 29.162 i can here my self and tv and other things this is only in the downstairs off my house i know some electrical items self osalate and some things have built in mikes ie lap top phones blue tooth speakers i have looked around took batterys out off smoke detecters and stuff still picing it up do i need to get a bug detector ?lol im sure im over thinking things :P

Electronically
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: SDR 29.162 MHZ

Post by Electronically » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:02 pm

Fridges and your new smart meter interference can be the issue too. You'll notice once you've turned off all the power off in the house lights cookers etc the smart meter stays on so could very well be that.

Sent from my AMN-LX9 using Tapatalk

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:51 am

Welcome Stafball :)

You actually answered your question with your opening sentence! 'Cheap'

I am a big fan of the SDR but there are a few things you need to take into account!
They cover a massive part of the band so filtering is pretty much non existent.
Devices that are not even in your own household could cause spurs.
There is even a possibility that two or more spurs are mixing to create a completely new spur!

Have fun, Try not to take it too seriously! :)
I am as stupid as I look! :|

Stafball
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Stafball » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Cheers guys thanks for input my smart meter is in my kitchen in a closet with the fridge it probably is that as i can here my self in that room too when i mean cheep i mean £45-50 I GOT A NOOElec SDR its not the best i have just started can here some things like coastguard and some cb radio .when i can here my self is with all the gains turn up lol what would you guys recomend ?i want to pick up digital signals decode them with dsd and all other types

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Have you got any laptops? There's a thread on Reddit from a few years back when a guy had a similar situation.

What antenna are you using? The one it comes with? They're pretty crap in my opinion, if you want to pick up some good stuff get an SMA-to-IEC antenna connector (if it uses SMA) which will allow you to plug the SDR into the roof antenna. I've found that these cheap ones don't perform too well below say 60Mhz but you may have different results.

Also for DSD you'll need to pipe the audio through some virtual audio software (unless you have a hardware mixer), I'd recommend Virtual Audio Cable I've never had issues with it.
FM for lyfe!

Stafball
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Stafball » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:36 pm

cheers fella yes im running on mag mount with basic twigs i am unable to run a big twig out side my home yet as im not here for long but will invest in some better equipment when able to have one out side do you have a link for dude on Reddit?if allowed post on here or pm if you do mate if not il try and find it .I am just Curious as im in temp accommodation as a guest and any one can just access the property at anytime even when im out so when i picked up my self i started to think am i being spyed on i no a few bits and bobs but no a genius so i thought i would post on here ...i have checked smoke alarms thermostat plug sockets light bulbs and found nothing lol was gona buy one off them spy detectors tbh but then i dont think i should if its just some shit filtering on the sdr and its my laptop built in mic .......

i have the software you have mentioned and the plug in for decoding il just have to get a better twig like you said cheers fo info mate

Electronically
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: SDR 29.162 MHZ

Post by Electronically » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:29 pm

Stafball wrote:cheers fella yes im running on mag mount with basic twigs i am unable to run a big twig out side my home yet as im not here for long but will invest in some better equipment when able to have one out side do you have a link for dude on Reddit?if allowed post on here or pm if you do mate if not il try and find it .I am just Curious as im in temp accommodation as a guest and any one can just access the property at anytime even when im out so when i picked up my self i started to think am i being spyed on i no a few bits and bobs but no a genius so i thought i would post on here ...i have checked smoke alarms thermostat plug sockets light bulbs and found nothing lol was gona buy one off them spy detectors tbh but then i dont think i should if its just some shit filtering on the sdr and its my laptop built in mic .......

i have the software you have mentioned and the plug in for decoding il just have to get a better twig like you said cheers fo info mate
What you need is sma - SO239 or a mcx - SO239 adapter to plug in your antenna depending on which sdr you bought. From experience I know they send out a crappy whip but they two above as mentioned will do you good for your roof antenna.

Sent from my AMN-LX9 using Tapatalk

Stafball
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Stafball » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:11 pm

At the moment i cant use a roof one but when i am able to i shall use what has been mentioned at the moment im using this

on a biscuit tin near my window im high up on a hill can see for miles i do pick up stuff like supermarkets boats cost guard air planes a few cb beakers thats about it and a lot off noise aswel as my self lol

really appreciate your advice guys

Stafball
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Stafball » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:12 pm

Nooelec RaTLSnake M6 v2 - Premium 3-Antenna Bundle for NESDR, RTL-SDR, HackRF, and other Software Defined Radios. Magnetic Whip Antenna Set for Radios with 50 Ohm SMA Connectors

bristolpirates
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by bristolpirates » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:27 pm

Get a cheap chinese frequency meter off ebay and scan over everything in the building until you see it show 26.162 MHz. It could be that somebody is actually bugging the place. That said, so much equipment spies on us and records us now.

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:31 am

Many years ago, I modified some BT "Freeway" cordless phones as bugs. I left the base (1.7MHz) transmitter on all the time. When the phone was in standby. a microphone added to the base station behind the grille on the front of it drove a little compressing amplifier and modulated the transmitter with whatever was going on in the room. When the phone was in use, the received side of the conversation was transmitted from the base unit. However, because the hybrid transformer in the base wasn't particularly well balanced, there was plenty of "sidetone" so the outgoing side of the speech was also transmitted perfectly clearly. It was a superb bug, because it was entirely innocuous, and was permanently mains powered!

I made a companion receiver for these bugs, which was (like the transmitter end) crystal controlled. There were eight closely spaced NBFM channels, and these were selected with a rotary switch. The transmission was FM, so I used the MC3357 NBFM IF chip in the receiver. The receive aerial was a ferrite rod type, about 6" long, allowing interfering co-channel cordless phones to be nulled by just rotating the receiver. When only the target phone was on the channel, you could receive their signal clearly from about 300m away! The receiver included an automatic gain control circuit, and a "vox" circuit that operated a relay when speech (or a phone call) was detected. The relay would control a tape recorder.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)