Carousel Radio (north west)

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
tvtv
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Carousel Radio (north west)

Post by tvtv » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:24 pm

Some good songs being played late last night on 99.9, rds says it is a pirate :whistle Anyone heard it or know anything about it?

I heard what can only be described as a jingle fest before it turned off. Where they played different jingles back to back for about 5 minutes before turning off the transmitter, recorded it just in case we never hear it again.

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Carousel Radio (north west)

Post by g33ky » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:36 am

Whereabouts did you get this? I didn't see anything on my routine scans where I am, plus KCC Live is 100khz down from it so it's probably a crap choice of frequency.
FM for lyfe!

tvtv
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by tvtv » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:20 pm

Preston brook
I don’t get kcc live here

I also heard something called Omega 87.7 last weekend for a brief time

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:55 am

Ah so its a bit out of my way. I seem to be in a bit of a dead zone for pirates since they're all either further west in Wallasey/Birkinhead or further east in Cheshire. Get perfect coverage of ILR garbage though :roll:.

I do rarely sometimes see something on 87.7 but it never IDs, doubt it's the same station though.
FM for lyfe!

tvtv
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by tvtv » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:55 am

The 87.7 could of been playing other pirate recordings, I do remember it saying

‘Omega 87.7 keeping pirate radio alive ‘

Matt
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:50 pm

I've never heard Carousel. I regularly get something else on 87.7 though, and I think it's what G33ky's heard as well. It's just non-stop music for usually no more than 3 hours at a time. The music can be a mix, or it's sometimes a load of tunes by one artist and sometimes live recordings. I've heard a Misty in Roots live recording a couple of times, a load of George Formby and some Elvis the other day.

There are no announcements or jingles, but I'm convinced that it's more than just someone broadcasting to their own house and getting out a bit far - there are the occasional extended jingles (just songs the fact that it's radio, really).

It's possible that what you've heard is the same station but playing recordings of other stations, but I've never heard them do this.

One the subject of the other station, 99.9 is a strange choice of frequency to use in these parts. 99.8, as you say, is KCC Live.

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:10 pm

Matt wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:50 pm I've never heard Carousel. I regularly get something else on 87.7 though, and I think it's what G33ky's heard as well. It's just non-stop music for usually no more than 3 hours at a time. The music can be a mix, or it's sometimes a load of tunes by one artist and sometimes live recordings. I've heard a Misty in Roots live recording a couple of times, a load of George Formby and some Elvis the other day.

There are no announcements or jingles, but I'm convinced that it's more than just someone broadcasting to their own house and getting out a bit far - there are the occasional extended jingles (just songs the fact that it's radio, really).

It's possible that what you've heard is the same station but playing recordings of other stations, but I've never heard them do this.

One the subject of the other station, 99.9 is a strange choice of frequency to use in these parts. 99.8, as you say, is KCC Live.
Yup 87.7 sounds like the same thing as me, wide variety of oldies/rock stuff.

Looking at fmscan's map KCC is beamed west to Liverpool so for East Cheshire it might not be as bad.
FM for lyfe!

Matt
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:24 am

I was over Preston Brook way at the end of the week so I thought I'd tune into 99.8 to see. KCC isn't exactly booming in, but it's there, fading in and out. Very listenable most of the time.

tvtv
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by tvtv » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:42 pm

I get a very strong community station from Manchester on 99.7, but that is the direction my beam is pointing. I can get kcc in the car when I start to drive about , and you soon lose the 99.7 when in Liverpool (outside it’s tsa anyway)

I heard carousel again last night but it had moved to 100.0, not sure that’s any better as there is a fairly strong classic fm from out of the area on 100.1

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:05 pm

tvtv wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:42 pm I get a very strong community station from Manchester on 99.7, but that is the direction my beam is pointing. I can get kcc in the car when I start to drive about , and you soon lose the 99.7 when in Liverpool (outside it’s tsa anyway)

:arrow:
That's only 25w ERP as well but it's coming from a good site in Oldham over-looking the whole of Manchester.