LDC testing on 97.8 in Leeds

Discuss UK FM/DAB/AM/SW licensed stations here.
o_blackburn
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

LDC testing on 97.8 in Leeds

Post by o_blackburn » Thu May 21, 2020 5:13 pm

Good luck to the guys at the new community station LDC, currently testing on 97.8 FM.
Sounding well in Wakefield!
8-)

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: LDC testing on 97.8 in Leeds

Post by g33ky » Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 pm

When did these guys get licensed? Haven't heard of them before.
FM for lyfe!

o_blackburn
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by o_blackburn » Thu May 21, 2020 7:47 pm

I believe they got granted the license 2 years ago at the same time East Leeds got granted theirs.

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Fri May 22, 2020 9:22 am

It took them 2 years to get their signal up? Huh. Good luck to them anyway, we need a dance station near here, Bauer own Liverpool pretty much.
FM for lyfe!

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri May 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Got it over here in Sheffield at Norfolk Park! A little bit hissy but when I'm connected to the outdoor aerial it'll be clear as a bell with a tuned antenna.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri May 22, 2020 7:14 pm

Gonna look and try and find the tx location and power.. Last time i looked it was gonna be in the city centre which I'd have thought would be out of my range.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:03 pm

It doesn't have the same penetration as Fever fm, the sound quality on that sounds very good, I don't think it helps the reception every time you get a dip it goes low, you definitely don't want something set up that sounds like capital, you want your audio set up nice on a low power transmitter to sound nicer than other stations, they don't seem to of done that. To me anyway I think LDC is a disappointment, very random all over the place musically, likely to play hours of funk, a odd song from Dream fm, doesn't have anything excitement to it, I kind of just hear a few people talking to their mates on instagram which I don't like.

Frequent Lee
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Frequent Lee » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:34 am

100 watts through a Lindenblad dual polarised antenna.

The station has gradually become shitter by the week, playing mostly commercial sounding music and trying to pretend to be Galaxy Radio.

Most of the ex Frequency FM djs have either left or been dropped off the schedule in favour of more advertiser friendly cheesy commercial radio DJ types.

They are charging £75 a month subs and nobody except desperate Dan wannabe BBC Radio 2 types are willing to pay that in their narcissistic hunt for fame.

The station has become a laughing stock to the real dance music djs in Leeds of which there's a lot but nobody is interested in going on there because apparently there's very little listeners or interaction.

The station has died a death and is in debt to the tune of £150,000.

They've sold half of the station to Danny Malin from Rate My Takeaway YouTube channel so that should tell you where they are heading and what kind of audience they're desperately trying to attract in a lst ditch attempt to stop it being an absolute failure.

If Frequency FM got the licence then it would be a different station altogether.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:48 pm

Got to agree with you there frequent Lee ! It literally is capital on another frequency .. Where has the underground dance music gone ? I really hope someone is planning to put something on ..sounds like ldc won't be around much longer with that debt tbh!

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:49 pm

Got to agree with you there frequent Lee ! It literally is capital on another frequency .. Where has the underground dance music gone ? I really hope someone is planning to put something on ..sounds like ldc won't be around much longer with that debt tbh!

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:49 pm

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:53 pm

Lol..only wanted to do one post but got 3 instead ..why can't we just type and submit instead of "preview " and reloading and then asking you to preview again and so on..type and send is all we need tbf then double ,triple and quadruple posts wouldn't happen ! Just a thought .