pirate in the square mile of the city

A place to share all pirate radio related articles, video footage and both short & feature-length documentaries both new & old.
fuze
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

pirate in the square mile of the city

Post by fuze » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:20 pm

9 minutes into the video......old bill find a pirate on the roof of a block in the city, nice double stack! wonder who that was using the city?

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: pirate in the square mile of the city

Post by teckniqs » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:25 am

That was posted on the old RN forum, I have a good idea who it could've been but they are still on so not going to mention any names.

fuze
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by fuze » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:35 am

Oh rite, yeah i reckon your thinking of the same station i am, its all in the name of the station ;)

Optimus Prime
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Optimus Prime » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:02 am

About 10 years ago (when that footage actually looked like it was filmed) I used to work in the City & I used to spot a twin stack on a block near Old Street which was up for a good while. That was the only station I know of to ever TX from that area. At the time I thought it was pretty obvious who it could've been & today, thinking about it, it probably still is! So no names mentioned here either......

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:37 pm

I have an idea who it might be but also keeping tight lipped, Im probably way off but heard things here and there.

Anyway what annoys me about these TV shows is they say "pirate radio interferes with emergency services" bollocks! Ive heard one did yonks ago but most proper professionals know not to get a chinese rig that would sprog all over the place.

fuze
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by fuze » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:59 pm

they called special branch for that rig lol