West Yorkshire bandscan

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
Matt
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

West Yorkshire bandscan

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:48 pm

Driving through West Yorkshire today, I picked a few bits up :

89.6 Passion
91.8 Unique
104.5 Peoples

A few other unidentified bits as well:

Driving through Leeds, I was picking some mento (old Jamaican music) up on 93.2 with no presenter or jingles. An hour out so later, I got back in the car and got a longpigs song on the same frequency. This faded as I drive out of leeds. No idea what this was. Any ideas?!

I picked some soca up on 95.6 but it faded every time there was a link. Fresh maybe?

I drove past Manchester as well but nothing there. Hardly surprising though. They've got Legacy, Unity and Gaydio as community stations and some actual variety in the offering of commercial stations. That really is a well catered for market.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: West Yorkshire bandscan

Post by radionortheast » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:47 am

93.2 will be sheffield live it gets all the way to Leeds and abit beyond,
fresh fm is on, it never has the signal it had afew years ago, you problaly also pick up lots of peoples in car transmitters near motorway bridges and busy roads.
so that would be ;)
89.6 passion
91.8 unique
95.5 fresh
104.5 peoples

4 pirates is the limit now, expect you might get a station that sets up for a year or 2 then goes off air, if they are able to get on air with community radio licence if theres a community station playing music heard on a pirate there might no need, problaly whats happened in Manchester. Ofcom have decided to bend abit in Leeds they once said their where no fm frequencies, now there are their just compromised outside of the city, could be used inside of to provide a service within it.
Really they should of shuffled all the BBC transmitters around, since they share no common frequency their usually just between a range of frequencies it would be easy to do that.

Matt
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:52 pm

In Yorkshire again today...

All of the usual suspects except one. Unique on 91.8, Passion on 89.6 and 104.5 (people's?) but nothing on 95.6.

wazza

Post by wazza » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:58 pm

I have been up in Leeds this weekend. Tuned into Fresh FM yesterday which was sounding nice in the city centre, seemed to have disappeared this morning though. Looking at their website, quite a few DJ names familiar from the Birmingham stations - it seems the pirate stations are now doing the networking thing like some of the legals!

Peoples FM - tunes sounded interesting but the audio was extremely quiet! Also caught a bit of Passion FM (I think) on the way back in the car around Huddersfield.

mixfm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by mixfm » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:26 pm

frequency fm need to get back on the dial. up there, top station with top djs, there facebook page saying they was coming back,