99.3 off?

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
Heisenberg
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Re: 99.3 off?

Post by Heisenberg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Agreed Select's audio and quality is second to none. but recently flex's fm audio quality has been almost if not the same quality as selects.

It would be interesting to know what sound processing software they were both using and were a bouts in the linking system the processing took place.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by dancemusicdj » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Heisenberg wrote:Agreed Select's audio and quality is second to none. but recently flex's fm audio quality has been almost if not the same quality as selects.

It would be interesting to know what sound processing software they were both using and were a bouts in the linking system the processing took place.
select are using breakaway, and from what i remember flex are (or at least were) using sterio tool. i don't know where in the link/chain the processing is done for each station, but i'd imagine its done at the transmitter site. thats the best place apparently to put the processing

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:11 am

dancemusicdj wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:Agreed Select's audio and quality is second to none. but recently flex's fm audio quality has been almost if not the same quality as selects.

select are using breakaway, and from what i remember flex are (or at least were) using sterio tool. i don't know where in the link/chain the processing is done for each station, but i'd imagine its done at the transmitter site. thats the best place apparently to put the processing
Wrong, it's the worst for obvious reasons. :whistle

Heisenberg
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Heisenberg » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:52 pm

When i was broadcasting last year I ran 2 streams out of my studio one non processed (for the link) and one processed with breakaway audio for the stream listeners.

The midpoint PC picked up the no processed stream ran it through the FM version of breakaway added RDS with airomate then into the linkbox via a Juli@ soundcard.

both streams were 128k MP3.

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by dancemusicdj » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:54 pm

teckniqs wrote:
dancemusicdj wrote:

Wrong, it's the worst for obvious reasons. :whistle
yes in terms of a raid, but in terms of quality and cleanleyness then the transmitter site is the best place according to the experts, that maybe the truth or a load of nonsense, i don't know. but i'm just putting it out there.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:19 pm

I hear what you're saying and that's how it's done via commercial stations but only rarely when it comes to pirate due to losing your PC at the same time/jacking it in etc.

But with any decent mid-link set up you won't notice any difference in sound quality. :tup

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by thewisepranker » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:49 pm

I don't like Flex's audio to be honest. Sound quality shouldn't be confused with loudness - in fact they have an inverse relationship.

I like House FM's stream. I suspect that they are using the preset The Regulator in Breakaway, which I find pleasing to the ear if tweaked enough.
dancemusicdj wrote: yes in terms of a raid, but in terms of quality and cleanleyness then the transmitter site is the best place according to the experts
Which "experts" did you hear that from?

DJ Mikey
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by DJ Mikey » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Yea Breakaway is the nuts when you sit down and try it all out and get all sounded good.

Rise1
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Rise1 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Flex is on par with legals for sound quality/ audio

Good work 997

ir8 pir8
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by ir8 pir8 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:24 am

Been getting flex much stronger lately. it was no where near as strong before !

sproggy
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by sproggy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Usually happens when that waste of a station on 998 is off.