weak signals

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

weak signals

Post by famefm » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:59 pm

Just about every station on these days have got far weaker reception than even 2 years ago

Westflex
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: weak signals

Post by Westflex » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:37 pm

My opinion is pirate radio is gradually dying and its a lot to do with Councils locking up all their tower block roofs with their own locks, meaning stations that was banging out on a 20 plus storey tower block are now having to use other ways i.e lower blocks I dont think its anything to do with them lowering the power on their rigs or going from double to single aerial, height over power anyday its all well and good wacking on a 350watt rig on using a double stack but i always found the main key to be height its common knowledge though really

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Yes hight more than makes up for power

Westflex
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Westflex » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:19 pm

I went to check out some roofs in essex months ago and a few the roof doors have huge chunky padlocks. Think out the box and fuck roof tops off, masts i think are the way forward

McDonalds
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by McDonalds » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:54 pm

and more and more legal stations are coming on or they are now blocking dials with Crapitals and hearts all over the band to.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Legal black music radio in London is an utter failure so much so that even ex radio London reggae and choice fm djs are back on pirate radio some of them pirate djs for the first time

Westflex
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Westflex » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:09 pm

True mate, they all need to just fuck off to DAB. What dont help is when thief's cause havoc on roofs getting at the rig, when ofcom state 'pirates cause criminal damage' wrong, the pirates themselves dont cause the damage its the fucking tramps nicking a rig that will go to arms length to get the rig

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:30 pm

93.8 vibes fm has got a true reggae legend on their, a do that's been around since the 1970s

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:31 pm

A dj I mean

OldskoolPirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by OldskoolPirate » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:37 pm

pirate radio is dying because of the theives, not ofcom or council. too many times have I seen people put a rig on for it to be tracked by some scum who cant afford there own or gets jelous because its on. most of the theives are on here and you know who you are. its come to the point where you physically cant secure the box. too many idiots and scum involved.
:tup

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:55 pm

There are ways of securing rigs. I've Rawlbolted them to walls, self-tap screwed them to the underside of water tanks (which is how Gotts flooded the top three floors of Norland Tower in Shepherd's Bush!), and I've bricked them into walls. :tup

We used to have a problem with wankers that would put drawing pins into coax - that stopped when the chief wanker got a massive RF shock and burns that nearly killed him because a properly built FET rig won't die when shorted! :roll:

I've protected gear with Shigella culture - a nasty bug that'll give the recipient two days of absolute gut-wrenching shits, and he'll pass it on to all his closest buddies..... :lol:

I've put bugs and GPS locators into rigs - we've turned up on the doorstep of the rig thief as soon as he gets home - they always give the gear back and pay for any damage they've caused because they want to be able to walk. ;)

If ever I've had a rig taken by anyone other than the DTI or OFCOM, I've always got it back or have been paid in full for it.....
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

Effemm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Effemm » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:39 pm

+1 above lol

Plenty of height in London n Essex.

The two 'Palaces' prove that,dont need a block , the jobs done for you

Or get friendly with one of the 100's of Cranes in the Capital !!