Radio Recliner - "pirate" radio from Florida

Discuss radio from around the world. FM/DAB/AM/SW ...whatever the wavelength!
g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Radio Recliner - "pirate" radio from Florida

Post by g33ky » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:07 am

Came across this from Digital Spy - a station in Tennessee run by the lovely old retired folks for entertainment. Apparently it's a pirate though I haven't come across their frequency.
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/radio-s ... d-seniors/

https://radiorecliner.com/

Not sure how long the FCC is gonna allow them to stay on the air (if they are actually on FM/AM after all), the FCC is much harsher with regards to pirate radio.
FM for lyfe!

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Radio Recliner - "pirate" radio from Florida

Post by Albert H » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:00 pm

The FCC mostly leave pirates alone or a very long time. They're also pretty technically inept - my station in LA ran for over 8 years without a raid because they couldn't track the output site (up in the Hollywood Hills) and they couldn't understand the concept of a pirate running a three-stage link system! We also didn't cause any interference, and chose a sensible frequency.

Friends of mine who've had an "unfriendly visit" by the FCC are usually just served with a "Cease and Desist" notice. They just move to another location, and the FCC have to go through months of paperwork to follow up! If they do serve a "Notice of Apparent Liability", you can get fined quite big bucks. A change of address can sort that out too!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Bton-FM » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:00 pm

Albert H wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:00 pm The FCC mostly leave pirates alone or a very long time. They're also pretty technically inept - my station in LA ran for over 8 years without a raid because they couldn't track the output site (up in the Hollywood Hills) and they couldn't understand the concept of a pirate running a three-stage link system! We also didn't cause any interference, and chose a sensible frequency.

Friends of mine who've had an "unfriendly visit" by the FCC are usually just served with a "Cease and Desist" notice. They just move to another location, and the FCC have to go through months of paperwork to follow up! If they do serve a "Notice of Apparent Liability", you can get fined quite big bucks. A change of address can sort that out too!
The FCC sound a bit dense :lol: but then again I gather most pirate station in the US run direct.

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:32 pm

Haven't been on it for a year or so but the enforcement section of the FCC website makes for fun reading. They post copies of the notices sent to offenders and summaries of the legal proceedings.
Polecat
No Groove Where I Come From