International Radio Bandscan Thread

Discuss radio from around the world. FM/DAB/AM/SW ...whatever the wavelength!
drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

International Radio Bandscan Thread

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Just thought this might be of interest to some, for those in the UK and internationally to post the pirates one can pick up on a particular day. Just post literally what you can pick up around your local area in terms of pirates (inc. UK/London and the other areas on the forum as well as internationally.) For me personally, in the South East of Ireland, I can pick up nothing in the house as I have no decent FM radio. In the car, however, I can pick up True Radio 87.8 and Power 87.5 FM, both stretching a fair distance out to where I am from my nearest city, just over an hour's drive away. That's about all I can pick up around here. Power has live shows and plays Dance, pop and r&b while True is automated and plays dance music. Both are 24/7 and have fairly decent ranges, although True's seems to be far better.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: International Radio Bandscan Thread

Post by teckniqs » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:05 pm

Does RTE Radio one on 87.8 not reach the south then?

....When I lived in Manchester I could pick that up every day reasonably strong using a standard dipole roof antenna.

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:40 am

I can hear stuff from The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Luxembourg, the UK and (sometimes) Denmark with a reasonable portable radio here.

That's the advantage of living close to several country borders!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:53 am

You can get MAR from time-to-time here but thats about it, Liverpool's pirate scene is pretty much non-existant.
FM for lyfe!