Ilr'd droppinf off streaming platforms in favour of Radio Player but why?/'

Discuss online-only, streaming stations from around the World Wide Web.
LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Ilr'd droppinf off streaming platforms in favour of Radio Player but why?/'

Post by LeeCavanagh » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:50 am

ILR stations are dropping off many streaming platforms in favour of Radio Player app, but why '???
Why would they purposely ditch other radio apps that customers use, and force them to switch to new apps, fees like someone is missing the meaning of consumer choice

You would never dream of saying 'to listen to us now you cant use you usually 3rd oarty car stereo and app, unless its made by KrokOsht ltd'

Good lusk to them
I for one will stick with stations on myTuner app as it works great in my car on the touchscreen
Other good apps are
RadioBox
Tunein radio]
Radio.io

Someone please tell me if its really worth downloading RadioPoayer as well?// are they paying stations to move or free streaming services:
Ive had the app before, i always go back to my fave apps]

If you want to listen to the 'were moving ' message of Absolute Radio for instance then search for it and then play using myTuner

There are hundreds more stations changing the way they stream too, but they would never say you cant listen to radio on your car stereo you have to visit starbucks in order to continue to listen to all the ILR station online (credit to those who refuse to jove)

Ideas ?
Sony ST 920 QS

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Ilr'd droppinf off streaming platforms in favour of Radio Player but why?/'

Post by dancemusicdj » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:14 pm

I'm not sure why they are staying with radio player, but from what i can gather the plan is to have everyone listening to the radio company's own aps so as to advertise more effectively to users. I can see why they are doing it but i think it might be counter productive, but then again it is always possible some will move over and they make some income from it that might be enough to justify it. One to watch certainly.

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:02 am

In-app advertising is more effective than traditional radio/TV advertising at this point due to the amount of tracking that is embedded in them, so it will be the radio companies wanting to have more effective advertising on their own platform. Third-party streaming websites just relay the stream with normal included radio ads, any banner ads/analytics on the website don't get shared with Bauer/Global/whoever, I'd imagine they want that pie to themselves.
FM for lyfe!

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:08 pm

Well I get that both of you, but, why can’t they still update the links on the third left apps to the new stream link and continue to keep listeners

I for one will not be listening to any station thst moves, simple, they are disposable to me whilst I have good alternatives that are not moving.

I also refuse the listen to any station that smchanged on fm to the greatest Hits Radio network !!! Utter trash.

I wonder if we will still be able to use the new streaming links as custom links in myTuner, which is useful for adding pirate stations to my CarPlay via my iPhone and myTuner app, works really well ! Highly recommend it

Regards
Lee
Sony ST 920 QS

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by dancemusicdj » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:08 pm

Essentially if you can listen on a third party stream then you are not listening via their own platform meaning they can't benefit from analitics.
They could still of course benefit from targeted adds in the stream and remain on third party platforms but i can only assume they think enough people will move over to their own platforms and bring in more revenue via the greater ability to push more advertising. I personally think they will return to third party platforms long term but we will have to see.
More then likely if you are able to get the new stream links you will be able to use them in wifi radios etc, generally all of those streams are on an icecast server or an icecast based server.