Irish Band Scan

A place to discuss the latest on the airwaves across Ireland, history & everything in-between.

Moderator: dancemusicdj

Persona Non Grata
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by Persona Non Grata » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:32 pm

Do stations in Dublin carry much in the way of live programming these days ? Anytime I've tried listening it seems to be all automated which is a bit of a shame.
The regulator sends letters to high-site land owners scaring them off and its unfortunately effective.
Do they just send them to all landowners in a particular area or just ones known to be hosting pirates ?

dancemusicdj
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Irish Band Scan

Post by dancemusicdj » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:53 pm

Persona Non Grata wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:32 pm
Do stations in Dublin carry much in the way of live programming these days ? Anytime I've tried listening it seems to be all automated which is a bit of a shame.

Do they just send them to all landowners in a particular area or just ones known to be hosting pirates ?
It's really only the oldies pirates that carry live programming, retro 92 energy 1395 and 94.3 if it is relaying charity radio or links up with retro and energy. Ice radio when it was on 102.5 had limited live programming.
I would imagine just those known to be hosting pirates who will get letters, probably those who have hosted in the past as well but i don't know that.
It is the heavy fines that will put some off rather then the scare mongering likely contained within the letters, the fines are quite high i believe.