Pirate in Dewsbury

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Pirate in Dewsbury

Post by radionortheast » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:07 pm

pirateaddict wrote:Will keep me tabs open...Probably the best idea to sort it out I suppose as if swr isn't at a minimum it could cause interference and bring unwanted attention and all that...Saying that Radio 1 is emitting spurious signals on 100.1-2 where I live and rad2and rad Sheffield on 87.5..Only they pay to be on air so it's alreyt for them..lol..
some tuners can be that way, I have afew vintage ones, my main radio is from the mid 90’s best of a bad bunch, really sensitive, just like radios where in the 90’s vfd display aswell. I have 110 filters installed, picks out stereo on the weakest stations. I heard uk raw on it last october and that was just on my mixed pol aerial.

It could be bad if its centered on a clear frequency, you might beable to get the images down, by ajusting the coils. I did that on both my crappy memorex and teachnics, they worked ok after many hours messing.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:19 am

I'm very interested in making my radio a bit more sensitive. .Where would i get filters fitted, how much, is it a big job??? I've tightened and loosened those big grey screw things before but ended up cracking one..Never messed with coils though but I have messed around with an old pair of headphones with speakers cut off and stripped the shield back to reveal the bare wires and just plugged em in to the amp and played a cassette through said cable and tuned the tuner to think it was 90.8 and shoved these wires into the long black things in the tuner and picked it up on another radio in the house which received the signal on 101.5...Twas pretty good after some more fiddling with the wires and volume n graphics and was a solid mono signal...Sorry about the novel..... :whistle

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:08 pm

Signal test peaple .. 88.0 keeping it on till 6

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Lick 88....can just here it here in Sheffield. .Gonna play with the wire....

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:15 pm

Nothing here after 5

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:21 pm

pirateaddict wrote:I'm very interested in making my radio a bit more sensitive. .Where would i get filters fitted, how much, is it a big job??? I've tightened and loosened those big grey screw things before but ended up cracking one..Never messed with coils though but I have messed around with an old pair of headphones with speakers cut off and stripped the shield back to reveal the bare wires and just plugged em in to the amp and played a cassette through said cable and tuned the tuner to think it was 90.8 and shoved these wires into the long black things in the tuner and picked it up on another radio in the house which received the signal on 101.5...Twas pretty good after some more fiddling with the wires and volume n graphics and was a solid mono signal...Sorry about the novel..... :whistle
you can get 110khz filters off of ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PACK-OF-5-MUR ... 35cbcf5a8c they cost abit more than other components, 5 for 7.99. You could get a soldering iron and do it yourself, my soldering isn’t up to much, but i’m usually get them out by heating them up or at least the solder, use pliers to pull it, the iron to push at the legs, then you install ic sockets and put the filters in. There might be someone on skywaves who could help you out, but what i'm saying is its not that hard, since tuners are quite big, its not like their small and have lots of surface mount parts, they can take the heat. Some of the tuners I got only cost 12, so if they where to get wrecked it wouldn’t matter so much.

Those type of grey black cores you talk about are very fragile, your meant to use plastic trimmer tool, but the tools don’t take much before they snap themselfs.

where you using your radio as a transmitter? It is posibble to use a local oscilator as a transmitter, transmit to a nearby radio, used to use them in the 90’s, sometimes I could hear them weakly at 500 meters away.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Radionortheast...Yes was using it as a transmitter..It was only the rf the radio gives out that it travelled on I think., but was maybe boosted a little with the headphone cable plugged into an amplifier. .I dunno. .A mate of mine from school back in 87 what got me interested in the transmitting side of radio showing me how he produced a clear frequency by tuning another tuner to a specific frequency and playing music over it..I was gobsmacked. ..I'll have a look around at filters and stuff in a bit cheers for the info Radionortheast. ;-)

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:27 pm

try Now turned power up and got antenna abit higher

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:59 am

Your welcome! pirateaddict 87 a good year :D kylie and jason, banarama! love the 80's and 90's watch music all the time on yt. I got interested using a kit from the science museum, it was christmas 91/92 I made a crystal radio, was amazed that it didn’t need batteries, but the am transmitter, quickly became my faverate, always wanted to use fm thought. I would use the long wire to pick up fantasy and dream, seems like yesaday I was listening to them, I could write novels on this, it would a real tear jerker.

Lick88fm I heard you last night, think signal was same as last time

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:20 pm

Yea im just running on a 30 watt at moment seems to be putting a good signal out place i have it got a right spot in Wakefield on looking Barnsley and Sheffield was clear as day in car

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Got 88 a bit better today...Can hear some talking...The signal is a lot better now....

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Sweet and your in sheffield yea ?

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:30 pm

I am mate...It's gone again now...Might be my aerial though. ..

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:59 pm

could be weather it was pissing it down m8

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:17 pm

88.0fm on your dial in dewsburry batley ravensthorp mirfield chickinley osset allround there lol