Merseyside

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Merseyside

Post by LeeCavanagh » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:28 pm

It’s not getting to Stretton, ive heard 87.7 over summer but nothing recently, maybe they lowered power or moved to a new site.and I have tried getting it fri.sat,sun this week at various points ,but nothing. 108 I have never heard where I am.
Sony ST 920 QS

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:21 pm

Can hear MAR at Manchester airport today , and m6 upto junction with M56 where it seemed pretty strong but lost it shortly aftern
Sony ST 920 QS

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:54 am

FRL on 102.2 for Christmas. http://188.240.210.50/FRL.mp4
FM for lyfe!

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Mar was very strong in Knutsford today, but weak in newton le willows , And weak at Manchester airport , do we know if they use a beam or slim Jim ?
Sony ST 920 QS

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:10 pm

Picking up in daresbury as driving through, got 102.2, 100.8, 87,5. But as I drive about it’s a bit hit and miss around stretton, Moore etc
Sony ST 920 QS

Steve West
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Steve West » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:05 am

Some sad news from Merseyside. Engineer Bert Williams passed away after a long battle with cancer on 13/01/2010.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:31 am

Sorry to hear that. Long time no see Steve West, hope you're well.

Steve West
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Steve West » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:30 am

To be honest I've been better mate. Yesterday was my Dad's funeral - He fell and broke his hip, then caught Covid in the hospital :(

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:04 am

Steve West wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:30 am To be honest I've been better mate. Yesterday was my Dad's funeral - He fell and broke his hip, then caught Covid in the hospital :(
Condolences mate. We'll pull through this Covid rubbish soon enough, hopefully for the last time.
FM for lyfe!

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:27 pm

Steve West wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:30 am To be honest I've been better mate. Yesterday was my Dad's funeral - He fell and broke his hip, then caught Covid in the hospital :(
Oh shit really sorry to hear this Steve, my thoughts go out to you mate and your family.

SoundFm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by SoundFm » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:57 pm

Mr Leyland,

I heard about Bert through the Mersey grapevine, apparently he’d been ill for a while. Sorry to hear about your dad. Some good people have been lost over the last 12 months. Seems like only yesterday when I was at LGM’s funeral.

Look after yourself mate.

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:58 pm

87.7 making another surprise appearence, still no ID.
(Warning lots of static turn your speakers DOWN) http://www.g33ky.xyz/87.7_2021.mp4
FM for lyfe!

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:16 pm

MAR being relayed on 102.2, I'm guessing via FRL //87.5. I could see some RDS in the MPX signal but not enough to decode it. http://www.g33ky.xyz/MAR102.2.mp4
FM for lyfe!

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:35 pm

Matt wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:10 pm Finally... What's that on 108?! Driving through Halewood/Hunts Cross around 6.30 a couple of days last week, I picked up some speech radio. The first day, it was so distorted, it was impossible to tell what it was. The second day, it was pretty bad again, but I could make out that it was Talk Sport. I'm guessing that this is someone transmitting it around their house and getting a bit further than they bargained for!
That thing on 108 is still there, overmodulated to all hell. Picked it up strong by Hunts Cross railway station. Today it was playing some conspiracy stuff critical of the left-wing and going on about Prince Andrew and Epstein. Seems to be playing it on repeat. Who the hell is listening to that?! It's overmodulated so badly you can barely understand it at times.

I have good confidence that it's a CZE-7C Chinese sprog box, I have one too and it spurs in the same way and driving around for a bit the range seems about right. Deffo coming from a house somewhere, the areas it's strong in are all full of middle-class terraced houses.

Certainly the strangest signal I've seen on the dial.
108speke.jpg
http://g33ky.xyz/108speke.mp4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FM for lyfe!

Matt
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:12 pm

I drive that way most days and check to see if it's there once or twice a week. It almost always is. It's pretty much always unlistenable and you often can't make a word out. When you can, it seems to be dramas, complete with sound effects. I've heard the conspiracy stuff once or twice, but it's usually just the dramas and I only heard talk radio the once.

I really can't understand what this one's about at all. Surely they must have twigged that it's so distorted that nobody in their right mind would listen (and yes, I'm aware that I've been tuning in, but for anorak purposes rather than for the content. That's different, right?). Why not just turn it down a notch?

87.7 has been on once or twice again recently with the usual two and a half hours of music. In contrast to 108, it's very listenable and I quite like having it on when I can!

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:35 pm

Matt wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:12 pm I drive that way most days and check to see if it's there once or twice a week. It almost always is. It's pretty much always unlistenable and you often can't make a word out. When you can, it seems to be dramas, complete with sound effects. I've heard the conspiracy stuff once or twice, but it's usually just the dramas and I only heard talk radio the once.

I really can't understand what this one's about at all. Surely they must have twigged that it's so distorted that nobody in their right mind would listen (and yes, I'm aware that I've been tuning in, but for anorak purposes rather than for the content. That's different, right?). Why not just turn it down a notch?

87.7 has been on once or twice again recently with the usual two and a half hours of music. In contrast to 108, it's very listenable and I quite like having it on when I can!
My best guess is that it's part of someone's audio setup connected to an internet-connected media player or something playing stuff off YouTube/TuneIn/etc, and they must have needed it at some point but eventually upgraded and just forgot that it's plugged in (might be why it's so distorted - they turned the source player up without turning the TX down). What I heard today wasn't anything that I recognise as being on terrestrial radio, I thought maybe talkRADIO at first as they tend to have more 'controverisal' stuff on the air but there were no IDs or ad breaks etc. This sounded like a British version of the Alex Jones show (Infowars).

I haven't seen 87.7 for a while but I'm sure I'll catch them again, very sporadic TX schedule. How strong is it over there?
FM for lyfe!

Matt
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:58 pm

You might be right about 108. When I drive through first thing in the morning, around 6.45, it's just a blank carrier. Then, around 6pm the distorted audio's there and it's the same pretty much every day. This afternoon it was, again, some drama, complete with dialogue (and some choice language) and sound effects. It wasn't quite as distorted as normal today.

87.7 seems to be on a bit less than it used to be although it's still on fairly regularly, maybe once per week or week and a half (and, of course, it's possible that it's on at times when I'm not tuned in as it would be easy to miss a transmission as they're only 2-3 hours at a time). It absolutely booms in round here.

It's good that there's still some interesting, if odd, stuff to tune into in these parts!

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:59 pm

Another very strange station in Merseyside. 87.7 what sounds like two kids playing music, with IDs "???? community radio on 87.7 FM". Audio is extremely quiet and bad quality I have the filter at 10khz just to be able to hear it. Deffo not an in-car TX. Not sure whereabouts it is not very strong by me, anyone able to discern the station name?

[warning audio is seriously crap turn down your speakers] http://www.g33ky.xyz/87.7fm%20kids.mp4
FM for lyfe!

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:51 pm

This one has seriously stumped me. The kids have just done a 20 minute interview asking this adult Scouse lad about racism and his (apparently black) heritage. The accents of the kids are Scouse and they mentioned the city multiple times. I couldn't quite hear it because the audio was so crap but I think at one point the kids' dad must have walked in and gave them a bollocking or something, sounded like it.
FM for lyfe!

LeeCavanagh
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by LeeCavanagh » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:10 pm

Lol , I remember my mum having a similar rant at me once, thankfully the mic wasn’t up, but a lad near me got a bollocking on air as he left the mic up and it went on for quite a while , you reminded me of that ha, I can’t get this station at mine, must be very weak.
Sony ST 920 QS