Flex fm

Discuss UK FM/DAB/AM/SW licensed stations here.
Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Flex fm

Post by Casual » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:24 pm

mpx wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:15 pm They are currently playing Justin Timberlake.

What the actual f...
Compare this to the quality Flex was previously known for & the legendary status they held as one of London's top pirate operators - Now they're playing Justin Timberlake pop songs in the daytime....Fucking embarrassing & absolute cringe! Know wonder all their best DJ's/credible members of ex-management all bounced & want no part of it.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:10 am

Casual wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:24 pm
mpx wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:15 pm They are currently playing Justin Timberlake.

What the actual f...
Compare this to the quality Flex was previously known for & the legendary status they held as one of London's top pirate operators - Now they're playing Justin Timberlake pop songs in the daytime....Fucking embarrassing & absolute cringe! Know wonder all their best DJ's/credible members of ex-management all bounced & want no part of it.
Probably the worst let down of them all sInce kiss 100

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Bton-FM » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:08 am

What the actual f...
It seems that every pirate station that gets really big ends up getting swallowed by Global or Bauer. All of them fall into the community radio trap.

Also, the people who are running these notorious pirate stations are getting old (literally) and that means they probably have responsibilities and a lot to lose if they get caught doing what they are doing. With pretty much no one younger to pick up the reigns, it seems I inevitable that these pirates will end up in commercial hands.

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:55 am

Bton-FM wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:08 am

What the actual f...
It seems that every pirate station that gets really big ends up getting swallowed by Global or Bauer. All of them fall into the community radio trap.

Also, the people who are running these notorious pirate stations are getting old (literally) and that means they probably have responsibilities and a lot to lose if they get caught doing what they are doing. With pretty much no one younger to pick up the reigns, it seems I inevitable that these pirates will end up in commercial hands.
Community stations can't get bought out by a commercial company, they have to be a single (non-networked) entity. I'm sure Global/Bauer would if they could, but I'm not aware of any stations getting taken over by a mass media company. Sure some have definitely lost their charm.
FM for lyfe!

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Bton-FM » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:31 pm

g33ky wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:55 am
Bton-FM wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:08 am

Community stations can't get bought out by a commercial company, they have to be a single (non-networked) entity. I'm sure Global/Bauer would if they could, but I'm not aware of any stations getting taken over by a mass media company. Sure some have definitely lost their charm.
Yeah you’re right, my bad. Can pirate stations go directly from pirate to being owned by global or Bauer, like if they got offered a commercial license. Isn’t they what happened to Kiss many moons ago?

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:36 pm

Kiss was different it was a London wide station licence and not community and before those rules came in

zoostorm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by zoostorm » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:58 am

Emap who ended up taking over Kiss were a shareholder from the start of going legal, so it was a case of not if, but when they'd buy out Gordon Mac.

As for Flex, as part of their key commitments, they have to provide a service to 15-30 year olds, so playing garage or hardcore on heavy rotation isn't going to cut it, so my guess is Ofcom may have had a quiet ear with Carlos and basically told them to ramp up the yoof output.

If you've heard some of the daytime output on Rinse, it is equally as atrocious, but like Flex they applied to Ofcom for a youth community station format.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:11 am

I don't agree about rinse in contrast to flex it has changed far less than other stations to go legal

cheese ranger
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by cheese ranger » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:22 pm

You don’t see many block pictures on here these days so though I’d share these from Instagram yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:50 pm

That paper-thin safe doesn't look like it's the world's most secure...