passion suffer a bust

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

passion suffer a bust

Post by radionortheast » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:03 am

found this off another cool forum http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yor ... e-12506169

it was raided in june, the guy has gone to court who was using the premises, they’ve got the frequency wrong, don’t know what their getting at with transmitting at 20 times the level that is allowed

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: passion suffer a bust

Post by pirateaddict » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:46 pm

Respect to the geezer! 7 mile radius, 20 times the allocated power of a legal station..Funny , i can "unfortunately" receive hallam fm not far from skeggy and I've heard hallam not far from bum beeds :D
I wonder what power they were using when i could pick it up strong a couple of years ago? It were bangin then i tell thee!

MiXiN
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by MiXiN » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:58 pm

So the average Commercial station is say 500W, that means he was using 20 x 500W = 10KW

If the coverage was 7 miles, I'd say he was using more like 10 to 15W.

OFCOM talking out of their arse & exaggerating as usual I see!

ofcomhater
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by ofcomhater » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:37 am

There chatting shit lol I no the gezza that runs passion speak to him on a regular there cover a good 30miles

thewisepranker
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by thewisepranker » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:55 pm

At least they're not spouting the usual "interferes with critical safety-of-life services" bullshit. Surely one of the public must think, "why is it so easy to interfere with the emergency services?", or am I expecting too much?

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:52 pm

pirateaddict wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:46 pm Respect to the geezer! 7 mile radius, 20 times the allocated power of a legal station..Funny , i can "unfortunately" receive hallam fm not far from skeggy and I've heard hallam not far from bum beeds :D
I wonder what power they were using when i could pick it up strong a couple of years ago? It were bangin then i tell thee!
thought you where meaning scunthrope, think thats about as far as you'd get with a west yorkshire pirate transmitter, its fairly flat once you get out past doncaster. Signals don’t tend to degrade on the flat just keep the same strenght explains why you can hear hallam all the way over there.

the raid explains why i can't hear passion on my outdoor aerial, problaly must of been a good place, i'm sure i've heard it on a car radio the signals abit up and down like most pirates, wasn't kean on the music, thought actually the signal has always been more steady than the leeds pirates..their problaly able to site their aerials higher up over in huddersfield.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:22 am

Or8 @radionortheast.. Passion is still on mate.. I can hear it in the background between 89.3-89.9 radio 2's. If they got the aerial another ten foot higher i may get it solid though! I looked at Google maps at the aerial and it looks like a dipole with the outer braid pulled down for the earth.. I forgot what they're called but Albert H posted about one on the anoraks bit on here a while ago.

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:53 pm

haha into proper arkwright terrioty looking at it now, ‘you been runing a p pp pirate radio station gramvile’ stop that..there gose the thoery something looks like a cb aerial will be left alone, must of been mega clear in the streets around there. since got the address, i’ll problaly be able to run plots on the radio prediction website will be interesting to see how far it could reach, rarely get the address for these things.

i think a dipole fed from the bottom is an end fed one, i'm no expert :mrgreen: