sunshine life or oldskool fm.

Discuss & sharing nostalgia relating from the pirate stations of the 60s up to modern day inactive stations.
pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

sunshine life or oldskool fm.

Post by pirateaddict » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:35 am

Anyone remember these stations from maybe north Nottinghamshire about 2002 2004? I could pick it up in the south of Sheffield.. There was usually two dj's on called Scotty can't remember the other one..They were alright geezers from what I remember.. Usually on Sundays on an evening....

WestflexWF103
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Re: sunshine life or oldskool fm.

Post by WestflexWF103 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:56 am

sunshine life sounds like an over 60s retirement plan lol

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Lol...It does doesn't it..They played old skool rave n stuff...I moved house around 2004 and couldn't pick it up anymore.. That's the problem with Sheffield it's seven hills create valleys that are a pain int arse..I think that's why we don't get pirates much anymore in Sheffield coz it's pretty hard to fully propagate without the towerblocks that used to sit on top of a hill just a mile n half from the city centre.. Them were t' days.. Lol..

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:13 pm

pirateaddict wrote:Lol...It does doesn't it..They played old skool rave n stuff...I moved house around 2004 and couldn't pick it up anymore.. That's the problem with Sheffield it's seven hills create valleys that are a pain int arse..I think that's why we don't get pirates much anymore in Sheffield coz it's pretty hard to fully propagate without the towerblocks that used to sit on top of a hill just a mile n half from the city centre.. Them were t' days.. Lol..
Might have been Scott Davis, he used to do Exile and Groove FM from 90s until early 00s, that was more Midlands way though. He's a bit of a pirate legend up them ends around Midlands/oop north.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:31 pm

You may be right..gonna have to dig a few tapes out and have a listen for the names..He'd had a fallout with another pirate from Notts from what's remember..

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Sat May 07, 2016 2:04 pm

not heard much from there i’m far out of range, did once hear heatwave radio 87.9 and think it was called fresh fm used to transmit on 107.5 when dance fm wasn’t on air you could hear it now and again, don’t think it was like the stations in sheffield the more kind afro carbiean station.