Yorkshire pirate radio band scan

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
WINSTON
ne guy
ne guy

Yorkshire pirate radio band scan

Post by WINSTON » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:57 pm

In West Yorkshire today and seems like the only active pirate station is people's fm with a very bad signal and poor audio

Is pirate radio officially dead In West Yorkshire now?????

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Yorkshire pirate radio band scan

Post by teckniqs » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:09 pm

As far as I'm aware the only stations left were Peoples and Fresh but Fresh have recently been granted an FM licence so they are no longer broadcasting as a pirate.

....I'm deep in the south of England so only going by what I've seen/heard and from what I've heard there's not been anything from Huddersfield or Bradford in recent years, where as just a few years ago there was at least 2 or 3 from those areas.

And I've seen bits and bobs popping up from Sheffield way being mentioned but they only appear to be low power/coverage range and only pop up randomly. :tup

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:36 pm

teckniqs wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:09 pm As far as I'm aware the only stations left were Peoples and Fresh but Fresh have recently been granted an FM licence so they are no longer broadcasting as a pirate.

....I'm deep in the south of England so only going by what I've seen/heard and from what I've heard there's not been anything from Huddersfield or Bradford in recent years, where as just a few years ago there was at least 2 or 3 from those areas.

And I've seen bits and bobs popping up from Sheffield way being mentioned but they only appear to be low power/coverage range and only pop up randomly. :tup
Fresh has a DAB license not an FM one :tup.

Very few stations up Yorkshire way now, I only ever caught Fresh when I was in Leeds a few years back. There's the legal Leeds Dance Community radio now which provides a decent service.
FM for lyfe!

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:19 pm

g33ky wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:36 pm

Fresh has a DAB license not an FM one :tup.
Ahh yes my mistake. Might aswell have just stayed an FM pirate.
(just like most people DAB radio is not for me either).

Casual
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Casual » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:34 pm

g33ky wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:36 pm ....There's the legal Leeds Dance Community radio now which provides a decent service.
I stumbled across LDC via the web a few weeks ago & for a legal (at times) their output is very good.

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:03 pm

LDC is pretty good In the evening but not that entertaining during the day unfortunately.. It's a shame that there's no pirate activity around West Yorkshire (I don't know why peoples fm bother) anymore as from reading on here and the Internet there used to be quite a few Pirates in that region.

misstuned
ne guy
ne guy

Post by misstuned » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:48 am

There's been a station called Citybeats on 90.2 in West Yorkshire for a few days, playing the usual bassline/garage stuff, still on as I write this. RDS shows CTYBEATS and a phone number on rotation, seems to mostly be recorded DJ sets, not sure if there are any live presenters.

Sounds like it's coming from the Huddersfield area, just because it's a huge signal and that's the area I pick up best (rather than Leeds/Bradford etc). Decent choice of frequency, not one I've heard used before, much better than the 88.0, 89.6, 100.0 that have been used in the area a lot in the past.

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:40 pm

;) big signal yea

misstuned
ne guy
ne guy

Post by misstuned » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:08 pm

Whoever is transmitting Citybeats is using Stereo Tool for processing, the RDS readout keeps saying so ;) nice clean signal.

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:43 pm

Guessing it's the same Citybeats as from Birmingham, same frequency. I know one of the Birmingham dance pirates (either Distinct or Citybeats) uses Stereo Tool down there as it's constantly saying "audio produced by Stereo Tool" over the audio.
FM for lyfe!

misstuned
ne guy
ne guy

Post by misstuned » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:37 am

Just a dead carrier and no RDS on 90.2 this morning, but their internet feed is still playing music. Personally prefer stations like LDC with live shows and shouts over stations that just play recorded mixes day after day :)

misstuned
ne guy
ne guy

Post by misstuned » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:09 pm

Having tuned in while driving to a nearby town for shopping I don't think it's coming from Hudds any more but I will leave it there ;)

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:02 am

Live djs on most of time specially on weekend keep locked on 90.2 ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š

Mr rigs
ne guy
ne guy

Post by Mr rigs » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:05 am

I've been locked into this station now for some time and the signal is huge. Dj after dj. Not prerecorded. Live dj,s. Well done guys keep it up. I must say it,s 1 of the biggest station,s that has been on in a long while up north

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:55 pm

The signal doesn't appear to be "that huge" as radio 2 on 90.2 is all i can hear, bad choice of frequency tbf.. 90.4 may be a better option! I used to get passion from Huddersfield loud and clear. Fresh, peoples, move, and frequency all came in at times very strong.. I'm getting Yorkshire Coast radio on dab very strong also and that's Scarborough and I'm in Sheffield, so it's not a bangin signal tbh.. Good luck mate :tup

misstuned
ne guy
ne guy

Post by misstuned » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:24 am

Citybeats seems to have gone, just Radio 2 on 90.2 now

Mr rigs
ne guy
ne guy

Post by Mr rigs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:59 pm

Whos the Yorkshire rig thief then

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:25 am

See if they try steel next rig little rats

pirateaddict
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by pirateaddict » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:36 pm

Sorry to hear that lick88! Bang out of order pinching rigs, or owt for that matter. If i hear owt new over here in Sheffield I'll pm you! There's only one station on in Sheffield to my knowledge and that's usually sat night and all day Sunday oh, and some Chinese rig merchants calling themselves bounce fm, who've recently been on for a few hours run by the Dj Chillout. So will definitely know if they come on and it sounds good coz they're shit usually, overmodding, popping on the dial. :tup

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:58 pm

Yea their lucky we dint catch em tbh .. literally turned it off for five mins on radio in house.. turned it back on it was off jumped str8 in car flew up they had took it and done one .. better measures will be put in place and to the peaple that did it .. let us catch yah little smack heads will break yah fingers ... pirates should stick together but instead airwaves is full of tramps... iv got a full plan of action for next one and cars waiting to fly to New spot and snap their fingers off .. scruffy little tramps