Pirate in Dewsbury

For discussion of all stations in the UK that are outside of London.
radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Pirate in Dewsbury

Post by radionortheast » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:45 pm

i’ve not been hearing club asia just lately, think its passion radio on 89.6, thats the one that seems to come in well. (i hear it walking round with the radio in my pocket)

if everyone starts using 87 frequencies then things are going to get crowded, thought I don’t mind makes things more interesting. Had my own little transmitter down there haven’t heard a sauage coming over the top of it, except real radio, it must be on at different time.

Update! I heard a pirate on 88.1 today, the signal is fairly weak, have to mess about with my radio, not beable to walk around with my radio in my pocket, no useable signal, :) radio 2 seems to be more dominant station

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:39 pm

i tried to tune it today got nothing / and yea passion have a strong signal , good guys aswell gave our station a shout on air :)

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:01 am

not surprised if club asia got busted to be honest. All that advertising round Bradford, big vinyl 10ft posters all over, not the best way to 'stay under the authorities radar' in my opinion.
The massive signal they had won't have helped either!!

Of course i might be talking crap, they may just be on a break I guess

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:25 am

Sounds like the dial is pretty active around this area at the moment.

triplestack
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by triplestack » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:46 pm

radionortheast wrote:Update! I heard a pirate on 88.1 today, the signal is fairly weak, have to mess about with my radio, not beable to walk around with my radio in my pocket, no useable signal, :) radio 2 seems to be more dominant station

That would be me then! I was testing my transmitter out yesterday for an hour or so on 88.1. Where are you tuning in from?

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Triplestack - let me know when your next on and I'll have a tune around where I am (Barnsley)

Lick88 - when you next on, can't get you today mate

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:22 pm

teckniqs wrote:Sounds like the dial is pretty active around this area at the moment.
Sure is! Got quite busy recently, nice to see it's not just London with all the alternative stations :tup

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:47 pm

I have been on and off had allot of internet problems connecting up to the rig :/ .. virgin media are crap .. the phone i have plugged into is fine .. my internet from studio has been on and off .. we will deffo be back Friday till Sunday next week , going to spend this week sorting stuff out .. was on all last night until around 2 in morning then the internet went :/

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:54 pm

Crappy old virgin i can relate to that!!

Shame your not on, I could do with some tunes haha

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:37 am

true , moving to sky hopefully that will be better

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:45 am

Get it fixed and get on tonight haha

triplestack
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by triplestack » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:38 pm

If anyone is around the Leeds/Bradford/Batley areas please have a tune to 88.5mhz and let me know if you can hear me! I'm currently testing my little 30w rig out

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:42 pm

KEEP IT on untill around 3 please im of out in car at 2 so ill do a good test for you

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:48 pm

Yeah and also after 8pm, I'll be out and about and will do some tests for you if you want!

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:16 pm

Im in raventhorpe got nothing

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Triplestack wants to get a leisure battery or two and pop up to Holme Moss and run some 'tests' lol

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Time did you turn it off tripplestack ... im turning mine on now :)

radionortheast
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by radionortheast » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:42 pm

triplestack wrote:That would be me then! I was testing my transmitter out yesterday for an hour or so on 88.1. Where are you tuning in from?
cool :D , i’m just east of Leeds, not suprized you didn’t get into Leeds its surrounded by hills, theres a hill here between it makes all stations there fluttery. Where I lived before when I had my 4w nrg kits transmiiter, sure I heard it parts of Leeds south west is one of the only clear directions.

it is still on 88.5 I can hear it :mrgreen: if lick is driving around! :lol: no leisure batteries involved (or least that was 5 minutes ago when I had my little radio on)

Lick88fm
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lick88fm » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:50 pm

Mine is on 88.0 and turned on now .. and i tried to get you on 88.5 got nothing is it still on ?

triplestack
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by triplestack » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Lick88fm wrote:KEEP IT on untill around 3 please im of out in car at 2 so ill do a good test for you
I kept on until around 3pm - was driving round myself and the signal was overpowered by R2 when I head Leeds direction. If I go the opposite direction towards Manchester I go a hell of a lot further. Cheers for having a listen out for me. I've just tuned to 88.0 are you still on? I can't hear you near Ikea in birstall.
radionortheast wrote:
triplestack wrote:That would be me then! I was testing my transmitter out yesterday for an hour or so on 88.1. Where are you tuning in from?
cool :D , i’m just east of Leeds, not suprized you didn’t get into Leeds its surrounded by hills, theres a hill here between it makes all stations there fluttery. Where I lived before when I had my 4w nrg kits transmiiter, sure I heard it parts of Leeds south west is one of the only clear directions.

it is still on 88.5 I can hear it :mrgreen: if lick is driving around! :lol: no leisure batteries involved (or least that was 5 minutes ago when I had my little radio on)
Cool thanks for the report man! I'm quite impressed with this little transmitter, seems like its doing the trick. Just need more height now!
Uksoundz wrote:Triplestack wants to get a leisure battery or two and pop up to Holme Moss and run some 'tests' lol
Hahah yeah man i'd get out good from there!
Uksoundz wrote:Yeah and also after 8pm, I'll be out and about and will do some tests for you if you want!
Cheers mate! Not sure if i'm gonna be on around then but if I get back in time I'll stick the antenna up.