Urban Rainbow 93.8

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Urban Rainbow 93.8

Post by Sparki » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:24 pm

Does anyone know much about this station? I think it was on in London, a friend of mine was talking about it being around for a year or so but not much else info wise exists online. Anyone know who ran it, the time it was on etc? https://youtu.be/caXP4TACLRU

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Urban Rainbow 93.8

Post by teckniqs » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:53 pm

No it couldn't have been 93.8 if it was London with the long established Vibes FM on there for as long as I can remember...

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:56 pm

teckniqs wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:53 pm No it couldn't have been 93.8 if it was London with the long established Vibes FM on there for as long as I can remember...
Maybe it wasnt London then maybe Essex or somewhere else, had you heard of this station though?

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:59 pm

teckniqs wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:53 pm No it couldn't have been 93.8 if it was London with the long established Vibes FM on there for as long as I can remember...
My bad it was Medway says so in this set never heard of the name, odd one eh!

FMEnjoyer
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by FMEnjoyer » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:16 pm

Good one Sparki, love a retro trip. Sound like they had a ball doing radio back then. Good vibz and connecting with the local areas. It seemed
easier top have fun back then. I miss it all tbh.. 2022 vibz suck. Maybe as u get older your perception changes.. everything seems disconnected these days and heads stuck in phones.

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:36 pm

FMEnjoyer wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:16 pm Good one Sparki, love a retro trip. Sound like they had a ball doing radio back then. Good vibz and connecting with the local areas. It seemed
easier top have fun back then. I miss it all tbh.. 2022 vibz suck. Maybe as u get older your perception changes.. everything seems disconnected these days and heads stuck in phones.
No I agree! its not the same now is it, ok its easier to do a station you can even buy a small PLL tranny for bobbins and put on something from what Ive seen and with music at your fingertips its lost its oomph. I admire those who still put something on! I have a tune around here and there, I pick up some sounds and its a good little interest.

I agree on the vibe from Urban Rainbow, sounds like they came out of Medway from the shout outs, maybe one that slipped under the radar I cant find anything more on it online apart from a couple of sets.

FMEnjoyer
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by FMEnjoyer » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:12 pm

I think the pirates were an arbiter of cool.... when you tuned in if you liked a certain scene of music you would hear the new
releases. It was like a 24hour news channel but for music... so you felt part of something with others. You cannot get that from a playlist or randomly looking things up on the internet. Something along those lines is surely missed as everyone becomes divided in the modern world.This forum plays a part of keeping the memories alive anyway. It does seem like fun and connection has been sucked out of modern life.

We all sound like old farts now, reminiscing of the good ol days.

I was listening to the radio a while ago and someone mentioned a rave they went to back in the day and I found VHS video footage of that rave..... mysterious and exciting rave, captures the moment well in that video. Every moment has its time and passes.. something a bit melancholic really :cry: times gone by 45:02 outdoors cool off time special moment in history the rave scene.