Pirates (film)

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Pirates (film)

Post by Sparki » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:33 pm

Didn't know where to put this but if admin wants to move it to different part of forum go ahead. Has anyone seen this film yet? It's set in 1999 on new year's eve, looks like it's about the garage scene and pirate radio. It says it's been released in cinemas since 29th November but it's not in any of my local cinemas in Kent, nearest is Ashford on new year's eve! Anyone know why it's not fully out yet? I've asked their Facebook page and get no response.

cocksock
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Re: Pirates (film)

Post by cocksock » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:40 pm

Probably because it looks gash!

Imagine Inbetweeners mixed with People Just Do Nothing!

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:21 pm

Oh is it really that bad? 🤷‍♂️ I'm just wondering why it's only been shown in certain parts of the country and not all yet.

Steve
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Steve » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:20 am

I watched the trailer and although you couldn't take it seriously as a pirate radio documentary, it does look quite funny in places, it is listed as a comedy! I'll give it a watch when it comes out on my apps, wouldn't go cinema for it though.

As a relatively low budget British film, it wouldn't make it to all cinemas. You can find where at http://pirates.film
👍

SD-E1102
Neckmin
Neckmin

Post by SD-E1102 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:46 pm

I've not seen people give it the best of reviews so I'm going to wait for it to come out on DVD/Blu ray etc.

The trailer suggests it's a mix of Human Traffic and the Inbetweeners with some UKG music thrown in for good measure.
Pirate Radio's not a problem, it's a solution

sproggy
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by sproggy » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:48 am

Human Traffic, Inbetweeners, PJDN... Count me in

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:39 pm

If its in local cinemas to me soon I'll have a look, if not I'll wait till it goes on the streaming apps. From what I see its a mix of Human Traffic, Inbetweeners and PJDN.... seeing as I love all three I think I will like it :) I'll remember not to take it seriously though.

purehouse
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by purehouse » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:18 pm

Pile of shit

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:36 am

Watched it on Netflix. It’s Ok.. bit boring , but if you was there , at that time , then I guess you can relate.. with your mates, on radio , going out etc..

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:50 pm

Watched at my sisters today on Netflix, it spent most of the film scrabbling around trying to find tickets to Twice as Nice NYE 99, some comedic things happen like losing them in a kebab shop and getting caught up with MegaMan etc. Was mega cheesy in how it come across, there was very little pirate scenes just a few shots of them having a mix. I noticed a mistake towards the end where the DJs were playing on CDJ's when it was sposed to be set in 1999....
6.5/10 not bad but I wouldn't put myself out to watch it again, I can see why people aint that arsed about it.