I would like to DJ on or Own a Pirate Radio Station How can I start ?

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
DJMK4
ne guy
ne guy

I would like to DJ on or Own a Pirate Radio Station How can I start ?

Post by DJMK4 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:26 pm

Hi All i'm new here and i love everything about Pirate Radio from the Scene to the Music Etc and that is what i grew up listening to as a child now after watching Tower Block Dreams & Killers TikTok Videos i would like to DJ on a Pirate Radio there isn't much now as there was back then but as i live in West London it would make it my goal as a DJ now that will only happen once i finish my Vinyl DJ Lessons i don't really wanna play on CDJ's as that wasn't how Pirates really played on back in the day I wanna keep it original with the Technics Turntables now I join Killers Lives regularly and he mentioned to me 2 stations to send a mix too but i can't remember which ones he said now i would love to own my Pirate Radio Station but I have no idea how to setup any equipment which is why i'm waiting for Killers video to get to 5000 Likes so that i can see how its done but anyway if someone could help me to find out which Pirate Radio Stations are looking for new DJ's in London preferably West but i don't mind travelling Thanks
here are all the genres I like Mixing House,Garage,Bassline,Techno etc

XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: I would like to DJ on or Own a Pirate Radio Station How can I start ?

Post by XXL » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:15 am

Don’t bother putting on a station unless you wanna waste all your time and money. That idiot will come and eat it or fuck it up for no reason. If you don’t believe me, go put one on and watch how quickly it goes off. You need serious man power to stay on now days and a proper security setup. I know your going to try anyway, but just remember this comment when the rig goes off a few days later. Too many dickheads in the game now unfortunately.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:00 pm

I thought most stations were online and dab with only a handful left on fm I can't anyone is thinking of starting now?

fmuser877
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by fmuser877 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:26 pm

Use Mixcloud much less hassle and make your own shows for others to listen back.

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by peterogerspirate » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:54 pm

Think its safe to say the era is nearing the end

Dab and online is the way forward now

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:45 am

More people listen on line than listen to ordinary radio receivers - even when in their cars.

Also, the noise floor in big cities is so high these days that you need a lot of power to make yourself heard. Back in the 70s, you could cover much of London with as little as 60 Watts from a good site, but these days, with all the noise from SMPSUs, all the extra stations crammed into the band, and the general "electrosmog" that's around, it's not worth the effort!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by XXL » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Fm is still good for running temporarily for advertisement that you are around and running, but yeh I think once it goes off, no point coming back on maybe except certain times of the year because everyone is online now. So it just for fun now. There’s just no point doing something serious on fm now days. Too many idiots, not enough people listening on fm to warrant having to deal with them. Even the long lasting stations are falling back onto small area signals now. Like 50w maybe. You just can’t stay on with a big signal now.

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by peterogerspirate » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:48 pm

XXL wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:04 pm Fm is still good for running temporarily for advertisement that you are around and running, but yeh I think once it goes off, no point coming back on maybe except certain times of the year because everyone is online now. So it just for fun now. There’s just no point doing something serious on fm now days. Too many idiots, not enough people listening on fm to warrant having to deal with them. Even the long lasting stations are falling back onto small area signals now. Like 50w maybe. You just can’t stay on with a big signal now.
Fm pirate radio is dead the way forward is dab and via the net
no longer don't touch that dial its don't touch ya phone which looking at most people today is almost impossible

XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by XXL » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:25 pm

It’s not completely dead or nobody would be listening to heart or radio 1 on fm in their car. Unless you have a brand new car, dab is not an option at the moment. Internet bring a lot more listeners but none of them are local and won’t get the vibe of what your trying to put out. Also no local advertising.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:16 am

Most makes of car have had dab as standard since 2013 so it's quite a lot by now

fmuser877
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by fmuser877 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:08 pm

you could use this to upload mixes or radio shows.
https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by XXL » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:52 pm

Iv had a few cars from 2013 onwards, mostly sport models and none of them have had dab.

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:19 pm

XXL - you're buying cheap crap cars, then! Every car I've bought since about 2004 has had a DAB receiver pre-fitted. I've had Audis, Peugeots, Fords, VWs and a couple of others. They ALL had DAB / FM / AM receivers fitted.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:59 am

It was 2012 for Ford I don't many cars had dab as early as 2004