Podcasts.

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
OverTheHill
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Podcasts.

Post by OverTheHill » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:15 pm

Does anyone know of any podcasts that discuss pirate radio and the underground scene? I've just launched one myself, it isn't the exclusive subject but my first guest had a lot of pirate experience and the next episode I'm dropping is with one of the guys behind true fm.

Basically just wondering if its been done before, I'd like to listen to how it comes across.

I've got some good contacts from different stations within the scene though so hopefully mine goes well

drumandbasshead010
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Podcasts.

Post by drumandbasshead010 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:37 pm

Drop a link will ya? :)

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:20 pm

OverTheHill wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:15 pm Does anyone know of any podcasts that discuss pirate radio and the underground scene? I've just launched one myself, it isn't the exclusive subject but my first guest had a lot of pirate experience and the next episode I'm dropping is with one of the guys behind true fm.

Basically just wondering if its been done before, I'd like to listen to how it comes across.

I've got some good contacts from different stations within the scene though so hopefully mine goes well
Rinse FM did a 4 hour show back in 2012 I think it was? which was a whole discussion on how the station started in 1994 till present days. I think there has been some talk shows about radio on pirate stations one of them on Exile FM from around 1993 it can be found on pirate archive.

I'd like to hear yours though! drop us a link :)

OverTheHill
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by OverTheHill » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:18 am

Nice one, I'll defo check those out. I've actually seen a lot of videos etc from the rinse lot about their journey and the station. Fascinating stuff.

My latest episode dropped today with one of the guys who ran True Fm (100.2) - We get into it after about 40 minutes of other waffle but the feedbacks been good on the whole podcast so far this morning. Would appreciate any from you guys on here!

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4NlazA ... -link&nd=1
iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/b ... 0512869536
Castbox: https://castbox.fm/episode/Bee-Q---The- ... country=gb
TuneIn: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Media--Ente ... -p1415590/

riot
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by riot » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:43 pm

Really good listen, some great stories!

OverTheHill
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by OverTheHill » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:57 pm

Thank you. I'll be interviewing a lot more ex pirate DJs and station managers etc as the months go on. As I say, that won't be my sole content but being so involved in it myself over the last 15 years, most of my circle are DJs lol. So keep an eye out anyway. Appreciate you giving it the time.

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:19 pm

Gunna have a listen in to this when I next get time, are you putting it on Youtube too?

OverTheHill
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by OverTheHill » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:30 am

Nothing on youtube for now, I need to brush up on my video editing skills first. I've got the full videos of each convo so it might happen in the future though. I have been posting video clips on my instagram @jdabuddah if you wanted to check those out. Again thanks for giving it the time to listen etc. Currently in the process of speaking to plenty of ex pirates so watch this space.

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by peterogerspirate » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:32 pm

great podcast from what i have listened and will lock on when at work tomorrow

Shiv
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Shiv » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:55 am

Really enjoyed listening to this

OverTheHill
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by OverTheHill » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:38 am

Thanks all. Episode 3 is out tomorrow but its not radio related. Episode 4 drops on Sunday and features a lot of music talk with a DJ who is currently on flex fm.

Next week I'm dropping an episode (5) with a lot more pirate radio talk too. Will keep everyone updated when I drop relevant episodes, but anyone who follows and subscribes will get them all anyway, and I REALLY appreciate people checking it out.

riot
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by riot » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Listened to both now and really enjoyed the true FM episode. I'm not a big fan of house really but 2nd episode was still a good listen. I've subscribed on tunein so will be sure to check out future episodes.

OverTheHill
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by OverTheHill » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:51 pm

Thanks riot, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time as I know they're bloody long episodes lol. I've bene in contact with a couple of managers/ex managers of a couple of really well known south & west London old skool stations from back in the day so there will be some serious anorak memories shows happening soon enough, likely closer to the summer once I've got confirmation that they're willing to come on etc

riot
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by riot » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:58 pm

Tbf I didn't realise how long the True FM on was until I was half way through, it certainly helped with the house cleaning and other odd jobs around the house lol! There stories and info that episode though reminded me off reading the Uncle Duggs book. Which is a good read for anyone who hasn't read it yet?

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by peterogerspirate » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:07 pm

Great long podcasts took up all my day at work lol https://player.fm/series/the-over-the-hill-podcast

Lordunderground
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Lordunderground » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:51 pm

Good podcast feed :tup

OverTheHill
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by OverTheHill » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:46 am

Thanks folks, new episode is up today, totally unrelated to the world of music, more focused on movies and slagging off the government lol. Music/Radio episode dropping Sunday.

OverTheHill
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by OverTheHill » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:46 am

Thanks folks, new episode is up today, totally unrelated to the world of music, more focused on movies and slagging off the government lol. Music/Radio episode dropping Sunday.

peterogerspirate
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by peterogerspirate » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:09 pm

OverTheHill wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:46 am Thanks folks, new episode is up today, totally unrelated to the world of music, more focused on movies and slagging off the government lol. Music/Radio episode dropping Sunday.
Well now you have got me watching schitts creek :mrgreen:

OverTheHill
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by OverTheHill » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:45 am

peterogerspirate wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:09 pm
OverTheHill wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:46 am Thanks folks, new episode is up today, totally unrelated to the world of music, more focused on movies and slagging off the government lol. Music/Radio episode dropping Sunday.
Well now you have got me watching schitts creek :mrgreen:
Funnily enough someone messaged me this morning to say they'd watched the fundamentals of caring, based on the latest episode of the podcast so, must be becoming an influencer lol.