98.3 and 93.0

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
Pollo__
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:45 pm

98.3 and 93.0

Post by Pollo__ » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:28 pm

Not known the dial to change as much as this for a while. Got some house music on 98.3 which doesn't sound like RJR and drum and bass on 93.0 in SW London. Anyone else clock them?

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 1983
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by famefm » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:10 pm

I don't know about 98.3 but I have heard slam 93
0 play house before

User avatar
teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by teckniqs » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:58 pm

Best thing to do is check their streams and see if the output matches at the time of receiving.

....As far as I know Slam 93.0 do occasionally play DnB and RJR might play the occasional bit of House but yeah best thing to do is google their streams and check them against the FM output.

If 98.3 isn't RJR then it might be that NRG Live thing that was on 101.2, been told it was ran by the same guy who put DONTTEST on 98.3 around 5 years ago (doesn't time fly!)

Pollo__
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:45 pm

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by Pollo__ » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:26 pm

Apparently 93.0 is Effect FM? They're playing House music now, just mixes no RDS. Can't get anything in the flat on 98.3, but was very clear in the car when I posted earlier

Pollo__
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:45 pm

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by Pollo__ » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:28 pm

They seem to be on tunein too - Effect fm london

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 1983
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by famefm » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:47 pm

I have found it on tunein effect fm it says non stop music. Good name for a station suprised it's not been used before?

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 1983
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by famefm » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:49 pm

When was slam 93 last heard? I have not been back to London sInce last year

User avatar
teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by teckniqs » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:52 pm

famefm wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:47 pm
I have found it on tunein effect fm it says non stop music. Good name for a station suprised it's not been used before?
There was an FX FM on 107.7 from West London around 1994 but it was only very short lived...

User avatar
teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by teckniqs » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:55 pm

famefm wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:49 pm
When was slam 93 last heard? I have not been back to London sInce last year
Jesus if Slam and FreshSoundz are still on that makes three stations in London all on 93.0!!

...What is so special about that dial 0.2 MHz away from a very strong London legal???

pirate_originator
ne guy
ne guy
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by pirate_originator » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:16 pm

teckniqs wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:55 pm
famefm wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:49 pm
When was slam 93 last heard? I have not been back to London sInce last year
Jesus if Slam and FreshSoundz are still on that makes three stations in London all on 93.0!!

...What is so special about that dial 0.2 MHz away from a very strong London legal???
Lets get a few things straight here, slam have not been on that frequency since summer last year and freshsoundz are not a london station they are essex and kent sure they always have been so which leaves this new thing what ever it is in west london :tup

User avatar
teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by teckniqs » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:40 am

OK I wasn't aware that Slam were no longer on air.

....But yeah, whilst we are getting something straight here just hang on for one quick moment, Freshsoundz are indeed a London station because they are in South East London (the town became part of London in 1965). I grew up close to that area and know it well.
OK granted it's right next to the Kent border but it still comes under London, look it up on Google.

And as far as I'm aware their signal is not directed away from London just to reach into Kent and Essex and I know people in many parts of London can pick them up. :arrow:

So if Slam comes back on that will make three stations inside the London metropolitan border all on 93.0 (if this new Effect thing is definitely in London as well). :whistle

So hopefully this clears a few things up, otherwise like I said Google will confirm what I said if you know FS's location. :tup

XXL
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:06 am

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by XXL » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:37 pm

I was told by an Ex fresh soundz manager that they never wanted to broadcast into London. So if your picking it up in east London, it’s not intentional. Also their signal in Essex is dog shit.

As for 93mhz. It’s an crap dial. Radio 4 bleeds in strong all the time.

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 1983
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by famefm » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:11 pm

Lighting radio has been on the equivalent frequency for almost 30 years on 90.8 in relation to being 2 away from BBC radio 3 on 91.0 fm and the same with 88.6 ( B2B and house on 88.6 since 2001) only 2 away from radio 2 on 88.8 so some stations seem happy to use frequencies like that

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 1983
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by famefm » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:12 pm

Lightning I mean

User avatar
teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by teckniqs » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:52 am

XXL wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:37 pm
I was told by an Ex fresh soundz manager that they never wanted to broadcast into London. So if your picking it up in east London, it’s not intentional. Also their signal in Essex is dog shit.

As for 93mhz. It’s an crap dial. Radio 4 bleeds in strong all the time.
It may not be intentional but its also unavoidable as it's literally just across the water.

User avatar
teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by teckniqs » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:54 am

famefm wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:11 pm
Lighting radio has been on the equivalent frequency for almost 30 years on 90.8 in relation to being 2 away from BBC radio 3 on 91.0 fm and the same with 88.6 ( B2B and house on 88.6 since 2001) only 2 away from radio 2 on 88.8 so some stations seem happy to use frequencies like that
But remember that 91.0 wasn't broadcasting BBC Radio 2 in London yet when Lightning first came on... :tup

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 1983
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by famefm » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:58 am

teckniqs wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:54 am
famefm wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:11 pm
Lighting radio has been on the equivalent frequency for almost 30 years on 90.8 in relation to being 2 away from BBC radio 3 on 91.0 fm and the same with 88.6 ( B2B and house on 88.6 since 2001) only 2 away from radio 2 on 88.8 so some stations seem happy to use frequencies like that
But remember that 91.0 wasn't broadcasting BBC Radio 2 in London yet when Lightning first came on... :tup
Actually I do and the BBC has been on 91.0 since as long ago as 1994 and before that lightning was actuallyon 91 fm but always said 90.8 from 1989 till 94 just as 93.2 was taken by the BBC at the same time alone with 88.8 I remember starpiont on 93.2 for a while and then format fm

User avatar
teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by teckniqs » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:14 pm

famefm wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:58 am
teckniqs wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:54 am
famefm wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:11 pm
Lighting radio has been on the equivalent frequency for almost 30 years on 90.8 in relation to being 2 away from BBC radio 3 on 91.0 fm and the same with 88.6 ( B2B and house on 88.6 since 2001) only 2 away from radio 2 on 88.8 so some stations seem happy to use frequencies like that
But remember that 91.0 wasn't broadcasting BBC Radio 2 in London yet when Lightning first came on... :tup
Actually I do and the BBC has been on 91.0 since as long ago as 1994 and before that lightning was actuallyon 91 fm but always said 90.8 from 1989 till 94 just as 93.2 was taken by the BBC at the same time alone with 88.8 I remember starpiont on 93.2 for a while and then format fm
Yeah I remember a station used to pop up on 90.9 around 93/94 and I also remember Format on 93.2 until the BBC's came on (never heard it after that came on).

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 1983
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by famefm » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:35 pm

Yes those frequencies 88.8 91.0 and 93.2 were super clear the best reception almost like 87.5 before the BBC took them

User avatar
teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am

Re: 98.3 and 93.0

Post by teckniqs » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:19 am

Just been told Slam is actually on

Post Reply