Dab quality

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: Dab quality

Post by Polecat » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:31 am

LeeCavanagh wrote:
Shiv wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:43 am
zoostorm wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:24 pm All this bad audio shit, I was locked into really bad FM audio wise pirates back in the day and didn't complain because it played the tunes I liked.
I think like with everything, technology evolves. It's easier to produce decent audio nowadays without having to fork our for expensive audio processors.
Exactly,
no excuse for bad audio, every station owner should at least know the basics. Of course we make allowances, but if it comes down to it, and two pirates were playing the same music, but one had a nasty hum and the other sounded good, you would likely prefer the one without hum, no?

Cheaper to produce better fm audio than DAB or internet. As you say, no excuse.
Polecat
No Groove Where I Come From

Electronically
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Dab quality

Post by Electronically » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:41 am

The idea of been a good pirate is all to do with quality. Bass mid treble your guaranteed quality to your listeners. But what most pirates thought was by screaming the volume at high levels was going to pull listeners so wrong they where for instance when somebody scans via automatic to pick up the pirate it scan past there station because once it over modulates the tuned flickers away so it passes to the next station on fm. So other words it was so vital that pirates used a limiter compressor to control the limit so if to high it compresses it to make it stay solid tuned so listener scans it picks up the pirate

Sent from my AMN-LX9 using Tapatalk