LWR RADIO OR KISS FM

Discuss all things relating to the busy London Pirate Radio scene.
ChazAnthony1982
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

LWR RADIO OR KISS FM

Post by ChazAnthony1982 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:33 am

What was the best Station out of these 2?
Original Pirate Material, it is in the blood !

However we are the Last of a dying breed

Effemm
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: LWR RADIO OR KISS FM

Post by Effemm » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:59 pm

Assuming you mean kiss94 right ?

LWR presentation was superb. Very professional with a great mix of music presented by djs who really knew what they were doing

Kiss94 bought over the USA style of presentation which at the time went down really well. Bigger Named djs that caught a more wider audience

Tough call. Personally as good as each other but if I had to choose on it’d be Kiss 94 💋

famefm
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by famefm » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:35 pm

I think the original horizon and solar in the 1980s were better than those 2 and I don't think lwr was as good a sound quality as the other 3 were

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:22 am

LWR was ALWAYS over-modulated! Solar had the DJs and the technical support. Horizon started well, but turned into an ego-trip for Chris Barnbrook.

The most technically accomplished station by far was Thameside Radio in the late 70s and early 80s. They did live Outside Broadcasts from a boat on the Thames, from a community centre in Chiswick (with live bands), from the whole of the top floor of a tower block in City Road (that was some party). They used sophisticated linking systems, good quality studio gear, and generated a massive audience throughout London.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)