New sort of

Oh hello - you must be new. Introduce yourself to the radio world here!
Mongo82
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

New sort of

Post by Mongo82 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:52 pm

Hi everyone, been browsing Radionecks pages for sometime, however signing up eventually seemed the poiite thing to do. Anyway thought I'd say hello and do a little introduction. Grew up not to far from the old Croydon Airport now living on the South Coast. Had my first taste of Pirates such as Radio Jackie and JFM remember as a kid seeing people rigging up strange things in trees which i think was at the back of St Helier hospital in Carshalton, but memory is a bit jaded and jumbled these days so could have been elsewhere locally. Used to do trips to Islington and Essex to pick up all sorts of wonderful fm gadgets meeting in Chip shops to make transactions for equipment made by some very knowedgable folk and often from a distance it would seem very shady and could read like a spy novel. I have done a fair bit of climbing roofs and errecting strange looking metal things in the skylight and have been shaken down by the DTI on more than one occasion, but consider myself no expert, and readiing some of the anorak pages, just showed how much i did not know back then. These days Radio is a fond memory (excluding the DTI bit) that was almost like having my heart ripped out, but those days are long gone. Where I live, sadly the dial has been empty for sometime and even by 80s no Pirate standards, its a travesty far greater and all seems very corporate, lots of yes men and woman who strangely all sound and think the same. The music selections and presenting unimaginative, and to these ears the output all quite metallic sounding. But thats probably a conversation for another time.

Cheers
Mongo82

BriansBrain
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain. One of the 7 islands off the N.W. coast of Africa.

Re: New sort of

Post by BriansBrain » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:27 am

:wcome
''Radio Brian'' - One of the Most Unique English Speaking Radio Stations in the Canaries... Possibly the World.

Mongo82
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Mongo82 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Cheers Brian 🙂

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:52 am

Greetings Mongo.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

Mongo82
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Mongo82 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Albert H wrote: ↑Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:52 am Greetings Mongo.
Cheers Albert H, nice one.