Turntable manufacturer Vestax may have gone out of business

Casual chatter & off-topic talk in here please! Soon to be world-famous acts of neckery will take place in this very venue. Topics here are known to get out of hand! Not to be taken seriously by anyone.
teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Turntable manufacturer Vestax may have gone out of business

Post by teckniqs » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:13 am

http://www.factmag.com/2014/10/22/turnt ... -business/

Reports suggest that the Japanese company has “ceased operations”.

Turntable and mixer manufacturer Vestax may have gone out of business. As spotted by gear website DJ Tech Tools, Japan’s Teikoku News Online is reporting that the business “ceased operations August 31″.

DJ Tech Tools has pointed to a number of potential events in recent months that suggest there’s more than a grain of truth to the speculation, from a lack of social media activity to the fact that the company was not present at the BPM trade show in the UK and had no new products to unveil at NAMM 2014.

While these reports are as yet unconfirmed by Vestax themselves, you can peruse the developments in the manufacturer’s chequered 2014 over at DJ Tech Tools.

The news will come as a blow to DJs and devoted diggers out there, with Vestax favoured ahead of the competition when it comes to portable turntables – their Handy Trax model featured in The Vinyl Factory’s recent rundown of the eight best portable turntables.
next article 1 of 1 previous article
related

Dai Pole
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Turntable manufacturer Vestax may have gone out of busin

Post by Dai Pole » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:25 pm

Apart from the Handy Trax, I never rated their turntables - anyone remember that Q'Bert thing with the inbuilt scratch fader? The PMC 05 Pro has got to be one of the best scratch mixers of all time though. Shame..

FM King
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by FM King » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Their decks were wack and look like a square sack of shit! They tried to compete with Technics about 15 years ago and failed miserably!! They put them at the same price or even more if I remember correctly, same goes with the direct drive Stanton deck and the Numark thing with that nasty blue circle LED display thing. They were all flops just like this Pioneer NEW things gonna be!

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:29 pm

I liked Vestax PDX decks they were the best for scratching, used them a lot round a mates house and also at a youth music club locally. 1210's are the best vinyl wise for mixing but I'd say Vestax came a close 2nd with the added advantage of how a lot of DJ's preferred that for scratching, perhaps its just down to choice at the end of the day but still a sad day that Vestax will be no more same goes for when the 1210s were not made any more sign of the times sadly.

Dai Pole
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Dai Pole » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:35 pm

At least one of the PDX models had an (apparently) infamous platter wobble issue, I knew someone who ended up taking his back to the shop in exchange for 1200s.