How do you generally listen to pirate radio today? FM or online?

Casual chatter & off-topic talk in here please! Soon to be world-famous acts of neckery will take place in this very venue. Topics here are known to get out of hand! Not to be taken seriously by anyone.
Persona Non Grata
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Re: How do you generally listen to pirate radio today? FM or online?

Post by Persona Non Grata » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:06 pm

Are there any versions of those online SDR's which cover FM frequencies particularly in London ?

That way one those of us in other parts of the UK could enjoy the best of both worlds (FM and Online) :tup

Ian
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Ian » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:15 pm

Mostly online, or fm sometimes in car . Less than a handful of good pirates left in London to listen to for good dance music . Such a shame when you think how good the 80s and 90s was. Ground breaking new music .. load of old toffee now

WEBB-TECH
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by WEBB-TECH » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:36 pm

Amazon Echo Auto in the car (EE unlimited data)

WEBB-TECH
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by WEBB-TECH » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:37 pm

Persona Non Grata wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:06 pm Are there any versions of those online SDR's which cover FM frequencies particularly in London ?

That way one those of us in other parts of the UK could enjoy the best of both worlds (FM and Online) :tup
Those SDR website proper get me. I spend ages on them... I find it hard not to!! Proper clever bit of tech!!!

BriansBrain
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain. One of the 7 islands off the N.W. coast of Africa.

Post by BriansBrain » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:04 pm

FMEnjoyer wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:21 pm ................Online is not even pirate radio for me, by definition it is not a radio transmission.
Very true :lol:

FMEnjoyer wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:21 pm ................ A radio transmission is a very specific and special activity.
Exactly :tup
''Radio Brian'' - One of the Most Unique English Speaking Radio Stations in the Canaries... Possibly the World.

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:14 am

Always on FM when I'm driving around London. And now I've moved out to Kent, I don't have much choice. Interesting that the dial at home is just as busy as London, just that it's all legal and mainly French. Still quite entertaining...or maybe I'm just bored lol.
Polecat
No Groove Where I Come From

BriansBrain
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain. One of the 7 islands off the N.W. coast of Africa.

Post by BriansBrain » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:08 pm

Polecat wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:14 am ........ Interesting that the dial at home is just as busy as London, just that it's all legal and mainly French.
French :wflag
''Radio Brian'' - One of the Most Unique English Speaking Radio Stations in the Canaries... Possibly the World.