Tower blocks

Casual chatter & off-topic talk in here please! Soon to be world-famous acts of neckery will take place in this very venue. Topics here are known to get out of hand! Not to be taken seriously by anyone.
Steve
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Tower blocks

Post by Steve » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:38 am

I don't know about anyone else, but Pirate Radio turned me in to a Tower Block nerd! I can't go passed one without wondering or looking up.

If I had the time and a full set of keys, I'd be on the roof of everyone exploring them, even though I have no intention of ever putting a station on again.

I have been trawling through these photos all week.

click the pic to view more.

Only found a couple of shots on the actual roof. Plenty of photos of roof tops but from the taller nearby blocks rather than on the actual roof.

fmuser877
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: Tower blocks

Post by fmuser877 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:11 am

Now days they seem to be used for community FM radio.

Steve
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Steve » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:29 am

I think half of my interest is in the different designs, ways of access, layouts of the roof and lift room. Pirate Radio created my interest so still plays a part in my thinking but it definitely created a side interest in tower blocks, a curiosity to see more.

Casual
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Casual » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:38 pm

This is such a geeky/niche yet great thread! Big up Steve! :tup

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:59 pm

Steve wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:29 am
I think half of my interest is in the different designs, ways of access, layouts of the roof and lift room. Pirate Radio created my interest so still plays a part in my thinking but it definitely created a side interest in tower blocks, a curiosity to see more.
I absolutely love this thread! :)

I totally understand the passion you have for these sites! Very few get to experience the adrenaline rush and stunning views from a Roof top!

Pirate radio has given me some of the greatest memories!! All thanks to my close friends who allowed me to be a part of it! :)
I am as stupid as I look! :|

Steve
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Steve » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:53 pm

Radio ignited an interest for me in blocks, no doubt. They are all so different, different layouts, access and if you are trying to hide a rig there's so many potential options to look for and use. The buzz of finally gaining access to the roof was a good one for me. When you walk out for the first time and survey the prize...

I genuinely would love to explore every block if I could.