phase detec circuit

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

phase detec circuit

Post by radium98 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:34 pm

i would really need to be helped
now i dont have access to dual channel oscilloscope.
my prob is that i have two 2 signal out of phase , and i need to make a little circuit , that have eg 2 leds like the one to tune the vco in nrgkits, but this time i need to see if both phase are inphase , like leds go off , please advice and help

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: phase detec circuit

Post by radium98 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:55 am

download/file.php?id=886

what modifications can be done to me compare if both two inputs signal are in phase
here both volatge are equals so both leds go off , how do i use it to compare both signals ,dont have now a scope

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:44 pm

No 1 ?

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:32 am

radium98 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:55 am download/file.php?id=886

what modifications can be done to me compare if both two inputs signal are in phase
here both voltage are equals so both LEDs go off , how do i use it to compare both signals ,dont have now a scope
That circuit just monitors the PLL loop voltage. For best modulation linearity, the loop voltage needs to be about 3.2V - that circuit was to allow users to fine-tune the VCO trimmer to the optimum point. It does nothing to monitor phase or anything else - it just compares the VCO loop voltage with a 3.2V reference derived by a potential divider from the 5V logic supply.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

Rfdiva
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Rfdiva » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:24 am

Thank you Albert yes i know .But i just ask is there a way to modify it or something that work like it or with a 4011 to function like a phase comparator .of two signal are equal in phase a led should turn out .?

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:07 am

Hello Rfdiva :)

The PLL itself is a phase comparator! Does it have a lock indicator? :?
I am as stupid as I look! :|

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:51 am

If you're using a discrete component PLL - like my CMOS one - it's easy to add a lock detector and indicator to the phase comparator IC (the 4046). You can make a very effective phase comparator and lock indicator with a dual bistable and some NAND gates. I'll put the circuit up here if it will be of any use.
"Why is my rig humming?"
;)

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:07 am

Here's how to do a really good phase comparator and locked / unlocked indication. This circuit has been used in some very high quality transmitter (and receiver) applications.
Phasecomp.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Why is my rig humming?"
;)