300w Chinese power amp

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
Gigahertz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Re: 300w Chinese power amp

Post by Gigahertz » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:57 pm

TGillies wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:34 pm
Barry06 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:54 pm
TGillies wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:16 am

I get them from a guy in Slovakia, this will be my 2nd from him, I’ve used Veronica ones in the past too but these are the best I’ve used.

https://vinnant.sk/store/product/fetrc8 ... -connector
Nice find! May order myself one of them.

What problem developed with your current 5/8 wave?
Birds like to sit on ground radials and chewed through outer cable...

He has improved the cable on new version and made it more robust so hopefully shouldnt happen again. I also plan to wrap ground radials in barbed wire this time
Why dont you put cable ties along the parts where the birds have sat before and cut the tail of the cable tie's at a angle, so the plastic is slighlty sharp. The birds then dont have a safe place to land and using them instead of conductive material will ensure you dont increase the SWR!

Thats what I've done on the horizontal parts of my discone, as I was fed up of birds defecating on the patio area in the garden

BriansBrain
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain. One of the 7 islands off the N.W. coast of Africa.

Post by BriansBrain » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:16 pm

Gigahertz wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:57 pm .......... as I was fed up of birds defecating on the patio area in the garden
defecating

:lol:
''Radio Brian'' - One of the Most Unique English Speaking Radio Stations in the Canaries... Possibly the World.

OgreVorbis
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by OgreVorbis » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:01 pm

I'd love to see the underside of that heatsink. I've had my eyes on this thing for a long time, yet I can't get myself to buy it given that I don't know what mosfet it has and don't know if it has an LPF. Unfortunately, those pics did nothing to indicate anything.

Has anyone else purchased one of these and can comment on it?