Pll setup identification

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Pll setup identification

Post by XXL » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:55 pm

Not sure who built these drivers but iv been given loads of them and I’m going to add a c1971 amp onto the end of it. I might even trace it all out on easeda and make a proper exciter out of it.

Unfortunately I the chips are sanded down so I don’t know what they are. Does anyone know what they are???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Pll setup identification

Post by Bton-FM » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:38 pm

My money is on an MC145170 on the left because the of where the crystal is, it's next to the oscillator and has 16 pins ruling out the SAA1057 or TSA5511 which both have 18 pins. The chip on the right is probably something in the PIC18Fxxx range.

My advice would be to get some SMT MC145170's from AliExpress and solder them to adapter PCB's so they can be used in those IC sockets. The through-hole ones are ££££££.

If you can't find the code of the PIC18Fxxx, you could write some PIC code or (the easier and cheaper option IMO) you could write your own code with the Arduino SPI library to control the MC145170. Then you could program an ATtiny with the code but you won't be able to slot it in the existing socket, it will have to have some sort of adapter.

I think there's supposed to be DIP switches on the right next to the PIC.

XXL
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by XXL » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:15 pm

Yeh i thought there could be a PiC on the right, but when i put it into a pic reader, it says unsupported device. Maybe they have blown the fuse inside it or something so it cant be read ??? Iv only heard about people doing this before.

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Bton-FM » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Yes It's likely that's been done to avoid the code being copied.

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:10 pm

You can actually read the code from a PIC with the "code protect" fuse blown, but it's fiddly to do and needs a modified PIC programmer. In desperate times, I read the code from a 16F877 that was used in an industrial fridge controller, and the time spent in working out the actual code would have been more usefully spent writing better code for the fridges!
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)