Programming PICs

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
Electronically
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Programming PICs

Post by Electronically » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:41 pm

You can clone an ic correct once you have cloned the ic then just simply just edit out the words to your own job done then save then your ic is ready for the display, it's easy as 1...2.....3. And so on. Good luck

Sent from my AMN-LX9 using Tapatalk

Zozo
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Zozo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:57 pm

Electronically wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:29 pm Word of advice about ic to protect you from bending the legs. Is place one side of the ic flat to the table press firmly then flip to the other side press till both sides are equal,
Now onto the next part if you wish to programme the ic then you must learn python. Python is no hard hard to learn just a little knowledge before you know it you've programned your lcd

Didn't think the 18F1220 had code for driving the LCD, I thought it just did the RDS. You live and learn. :smoke
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Give me a AM transmitter with things that glow any day.

Electronically
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: Programming PICs

Post by Electronically » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:30 pm

Zozo wrote:
Electronically wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:29 pm Word of advice about ic to protect you from bending the legs. Is place one side of the ic flat to the table press firmly then flip to the other side press till both sides are equal,
Now onto the next part if you wish to programme the ic then you must learn python. Python is no hard hard to learn just a little knowledge before you know it you've programned your lcd

Didn't think the 18F1220 had code for driving the LCD, I thought it just did the RDS. You live and learn. :smoke
Yup we all learn as the others keep quiet. I've always learned that way if they don't teach I learn. It's like it's a dark secret to some folk. But not in my eyes everybody has the right to know how it's done. Because a secret doesn't last forever. So might as well let it all out someday.dont get me wrong the ic foundation is a good idea, for quickness to setting up its no bad really,

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:50 pm

Alfaeire, It depends on what pins are damaged?

You could try plugging the PIC into a programmer, You may be lucky and be able to retrieve the code?

The odds on failure are high? But i guess youve got nothing to lose?
I am as stupid as I look! :|

Zozo
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: Programming PICs

Post by Zozo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:52 pm

Electronically wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:30 pm
Zozo wrote:

Yup we all learn as the others keep quiet. I've always learned that way if they don't teach I learn. It's like it's a dark secret to some folk. But not in my eyes everybody has the right to know how it's done. Because a secret doesn't last forever. So might as well let it all out someday.dont get me wrong the ic foundation is a good idea, for quickness to setting up its no bad really,

Your a man with the same logic as me. I think sharing is the most important part in this hobby, and to provide the facts to all that are keen to learn and further their understanding. Admittedly not every one is focused or interested in the same area's of this hobby. We all take something away that we enjoy, perhaps more than what others do. Whilst other area's hold no interest at all to some.

Zozo
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Zozo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:55 pm

sinus trouble wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:50 pm Alfaeire, It depends on what pins are damaged?

You could try plugging the PIC into a programmer, You may be lucky and be able to retrieve the code?

The odds on failure are high? But i guess youve got nothing to lose?
Evening Sinus. That's just reminded me, I have salvaged an IC before, by soldering very close to the package with a wire when I've lost a pin. I was amazed the heat didn't damage it the time it took me with my eyes

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:11 am

Zozo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:55 pm Evening Sinus. That's just reminded me, I have salvaged an IC before, by soldering very close to the package with a wire when I've lost a pin. I was amazed the heat didn't damage it the time it took me with my eyes
Haha! I know what you mean! :lol: Still a long shot even if the PIC will respond? As you mentioned previously it is most likely code protected
I am as stupid as I look! :|