Harrys Electronics

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
Lozza
ne guy
ne guy

Harrys Electronics

Post by Lozza » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:53 pm

First of all hi everyone, this is my first post on here. As the title suggests, has anyone used them or have any info on them? They are based in Greece. Many thanks in advance. :tup

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Re: Harrys Electronics

Post by sinus trouble » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:54 pm

Hello Lozza :)

This is the first i have heard of Harrys Electronics? Im intrigued?

Do you have the actual website address?
I am as stupid as I look! :|

Lozza
ne guy
ne guy

Post by Lozza » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:57 pm

Thanks, sinus. Yeah, his website is: http://harryselectronics.blogspot.com/p ... iters.html

sinus trouble
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by sinus trouble » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:42 am

Thank you Lozza! :)

My first impressions? Some great, professional gear he has built! Is it a shop? Im not sure? If so? I would expect a hefty price?

With the introduction of the new MRF range of power devices? Im not confident that is the way forward?

Dont take it as a bad thing? Im a big fan of the Oldskool ways of doing things! :)
I am as stupid as I look! :|

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:46 am

The exciter that Harry's using is very similar to an ancient one of mine, using 74HCT logic, and BCD rotary switches to select frequency.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I saw one of his rigs in the mountains in Croatia. It was an "at frequency" circuit, and delivered its rated power, but it suffered from supply modulation hum. As I remember, we fixed the hum by removing the exciter box from the main case, putting a plastic sheet underneath it and re-installing it with the box isolated from the chassis (using nylon screws), then only earthing it via the output coax that went to the PA board.

I don't know what he charges for his gear, but it's probably relatively cheap, since he's got lots of competition over there.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:58 am

Harrys is CDM ? sameexciter board.