Thoughts on the 48v 100 watt amp

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
Electronically
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Thoughts on the 48v 100 watt amp

Post by Electronically » Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 pm

Has anyone else had any joy on one of these amps?. They seem good devicesImage

Sent from my AMN-LX9 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Electronically on Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Electronically
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Thoughts on the 48v 100 watt amp

Post by Electronically » Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 pm

Electronically wrote:Has anyone else had any joy on one of these amps?. They seem good devicesImage

Im not finished with it. It needs the heatsink and coax at each end but other than that looking good so far.

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Thoughts on the 48v 100 watt amp

Post by Bton-FM » Fri May 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Not yet electronically but I have got some boards from enigma shop and will be ordering the components from mouser very soon.I’m gonna try some different caps that’s are cheaper and rated 1000v on the output.

These devices seem like the way forward especially if they are going to get taken.

Electronically
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: Thoughts on the 48v 100 watt amp

Post by Electronically » Fri May 29, 2020 11:22 pm

Bton-FM wrote:Not yet electronically but I have got some boards from enigma shop and will be ordering the components from mouser very soon.I’m gonna try some different caps that’s are cheaper and rated 1000v on the output.

These devices seem like the way forward especially if they are going to get taken.
Go for it. The kits are made of smd easily put together. However if replaced with your caps they should be simpler that way you know its easy to identify.

Electronically
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Thoughts on the 48v 100 watt amp

Post by Electronically » Fri May 29, 2020 11:25 pm

Electronically wrote:
Bton-FM wrote:Not yet electronically but I have got some boards from enigma shop and will be ordering the components from mouser very soon.I’m gonna try some different caps that’s are cheaper and rated 1000v on the output.

Go for it. The kits are made of smd easily put together. However if replaced with your caps they should be simpler that way you know its easy to identify.

Word of warning if using smd test with multimeter that way you know your not caught out with smd there tricky to identify

Electronically
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Thoughts on the 48v 100 watt amp

Post by Electronically » Fri May 29, 2020 11:45 pm

Electronically wrote:
Electronically wrote:

Word of warning if using smd test with multimeter that way you know your not caught out with smd there tricky to identify

From my past I've watched my mates blowing up transmitters from not listening to me. So now there now like should have listened I haven't blown transmitter since 1999 in which case I used a car battery. I blown it stupidly using it while it was charging on air. I thought the Germans was flying over again that day it was loud bang lol

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Thoughts on the 48v 100 watt amp

Post by Bton-FM » Sat May 30, 2020 12:46 pm

Electronically wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:25 pm
Electronically wrote:

I presume you have used atc100b caps?

Electronically
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Thoughts on the 48v 100 watt amp

Post by Electronically » Sat May 30, 2020 12:55 pm

Bton-FM wrote:
Electronically wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:25 pm
Electronically wrote:Go for it. The kits are made of smd easily put together. However if replaced with your caps they should be simpler that way you know its easy to identify.

I presume you have used atc100b caps?
Yup I have.

ronald001
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by ronald001 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:13 pm

New MRF101 FET - also available in 300W version.

Sold by DutchRF shop...

Quite a few are already used in wooden shoe land....

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Bton-FM » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:14 pm

I've got the board now so I'll have ago after the next mouser order.I'm going to use murata 1kv caps.