CZE 7C RDS

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: CZE 7C RDS

Post by Polecat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:32 pm

@NTRRadio
The Xmas light brigade in the States...they take it all so seriously lol.

I just gave Stereo Tool a try on an old BH1414H equipped CZH-15A...and it worked. So basically any of these things will do RDS.

Not saying that's a good thing but it's interesting....
Polecat
No Groove Where I Come From

NTRRadio
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by NTRRadio » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:33 pm

HAHA! - some of those Christmas light forums get well heated, but some good info from time to time though. I think it was about 10 years ago when I was messing around with RDS on those things, I did manage to get it working with StereoTool but 192KHz sound cards were not as easy to come by then, I just did a few experiments to satisfy my own curiosity and the results were alright.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:49 pm

I'm confused, what have Christmas lights got to do with pirate radio?

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:50 pm

I've been down a similar path....only 10 years later. And getting it going kept my mind occupied for the last few days.

Yes it was a bit of fun. And a revelation to find that it worked on the older chip.

Looking at SDR as a frequency analyser now. Interesting video on YouTube - attenuator on the signal, coupler on the antenna and signal routed directly back into the sdr. Interesting but have non RF stuff to do before delving into that.
Polecat

NTRRadio
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by NTRRadio » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:40 pm

teckniqs wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:49 pm I'm confused, what have Christmas lights got to do with pirate radio?
They use FM TX to broadcast music to car radios in time with the massive light shows they put on their houses. There is normally plant a sign outside their house saying "Tune in to 87.5 to hear the music" They have a few forums where they talk about what TX they are using or sometimes arguing. Some of them are quite clever and have done things like mod Chinese rigs to run RDS and other mods to other types of transmitters They normally post how they did it which sometimes can be useful.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:57 pm

NTRRadio wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:40 pm
teckniqs wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:49 pm I'm confused, what have Christmas lights got to do with pirate radio?
They use FM TX to broadcast music to car radios in time with the massive light shows they put on their houses. There is normally plant a sign outside their house saying "Tune in to 87.5 to hear the music" They have a few forums where they talk about what TX they are using or sometimes arguing. Some of them are quite clever and have done things like mod Chinese rigs to run RDS and other mods to other types of transmitters They normally post how they did it which sometimes can be useful.
Ahh ok I get you, sounds a bit extreme, nutters.

... Must be Americans lol.

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:42 am

he is talking about this doityourselfchristmas.

NTRRadio
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by NTRRadio » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:49 pm

teckniqs wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:57 pm
NTRRadio wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:40 pm
Ahh ok I get you, sounds a bit extreme, nutters.

... Must be Americans lol.
Haha, Yes - Only in America! It's a big thing over in the states.

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:35 am

I used to have a cheap Chinese rig, using stereo tool I could get the stereo to fire (if I turned the rig to mono) but never the rds. I assumed it was because rds didn’t work with these units.
If I managed to get stereo to work using the 192khz sound card does that mean in theory rds should have worked too and the settings were just wrong?

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: CZE 7C RDS

Post by Polecat » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:00 am

Uksoundz wrote:I used to have a cheap Chinese rig, using stereo tool I could get the stereo to fire (if I turned the rig to mono) but never the rds. I assumed it was because rds didn’t work with these units.
If I managed to get stereo to work using the 192khz sound card does that mean in theory rds should have worked too and the settings were just wrong?
Yours had a mono switch? Haven't seen that before.

It may depend on the chip. I can only confirm that it works on BH1414H and BH1415K equipped rigs, fed via the stereo 3.5mm audio in jack.

Others may have experience with other chips.
Polecat

Uksoundz
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by Uksoundz » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:40 am

Yep it had the ability to select stereo or mono from the options menu, did Bluetooth as well.

I’m not sure what chip it had. It was made by retekess I think, but I’d think if the software can generate the pilot tone and that works then shouldn’t rds? Or am I being over simplistic.

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:01 pm

No I think you're right. I was surprised that mine worked as it did!
Polecat

rigmo
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by rigmo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:06 pm

Hi ITs blown... any data for repairing ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.