CZE 7C RDS

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
HAZARDFMradio
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: CZE 7C RDS

Post by HAZARDFMradio » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:03 pm

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: RE: Re: CZE 7C RDS

Post by Polecat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:41 am

HAZARDFMradio wrote:https://embarrados.com/e-shop/index.php ... ST-QUALITY something like this
That's what I was thinking Hazard but it wont work.

The guys were talking about stereotool and now I've read about it, I can see it's more than an rds encoder.

And it's more than a few $ too.
Polecat
No Groove Where I Come From

Albert H
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by Albert H » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:31 pm

g33ky wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:46 am I can feed MPX via JMPX, mpxgen or Stereotool with a 192khz soundcard going to the audio input of the 7C.
That doesn't mean that it's going anywhere. The audio inputs should have 15kHz lowpass filters on them, to prevent high frequency audio content mixing and beating with the 19kHz pilot and giving all sorts of nasty whistles in the audio.
"Why is my rig humming?"
"Because it doesn't know the words!"
;)

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:20 pm

Polecat wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:41 am
And it's more than a few $ too.

As far as I'm aware it's only going to cost you if you plan to use the Processing/Compession software, otherwise there is a message that gets said every so often over the top of your audio to say that it's being Sound-Processed using StereoTools.

....But as for using it just for RDS and generating FM Stereo audio then it's free and you can use it as much as you like for that.

I haven't used it for about 10 years but it's just the same as before only it's had quite a few newer version releases since then.

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:31 pm

Thanks Teckniqs. The site didn't mention a free version Will have another look.

Albert H's comments suggest there's more to it but I fancy a bit of practical experimentation....see if I can whistle a tune with the stray frequencies.
Polecat

g33ky
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by g33ky » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:57 pm

Albert H wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:31 pm
g33ky wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:46 am I can feed MPX via JMPX, mpxgen or Stereotool with a 192khz soundcard going to the audio input of the 7C.
That doesn't mean that it's going anywhere. The audio inputs should have 15kHz lowpass filters on them, to prevent high frequency audio content mixing and beating with the 19kHz pilot and giving all sorts of nasty whistles in the audio.
Yeah I know, the 7C doesn't have a 15khz filter (no surprise), but I do apply software filtering in ffmpeg to LPF the audio to 15khz, which works fine.
FM for lyfe!

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:46 pm

Downloaded Stereotool today.

Teckniqs, thanks for the tip. You were bang on. It's free.

You get a whole load of audio processing power in this package.

It seems pretty intuitive. After a browse through all the sections I was able to route audio via the processing, set the LP filter to 15k and send audio to the rig.

No RDS out the other end yet but I can see why - there's an issue with my soundcard. Will work out what's going on and update.

It's a great distraction in the current circumstances....
Polecat

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm

Stool is not free at all ,i bought a licence many years,but maybe you have luck nowadays and catch a leakedversion,because all the good fm features are disabled ,even you will have an audio nag from time to time,sound card sample rate must be set and capable of 192 khz .

my channel

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:09 pm

radium98 wrote:Stool is not free at all ,i bought a licence many years,but maybe you have luck nowadays and catch a leakedversion,because all the good fm features are disabled ,even you will have an audio nag from time to time,sound card sample rate must be set and capable of 192 khz .

my channel
I'm looking at that video and wondering why you haven't set up RDS. Your station name should be up there!

No I'm not using a leaked or pirate version. According to the developers, Stereo Tool was originally developed as freeware. And it remains free because they don't want those original users using outdated versions. Simple as that.

You have to pay the licence fee to use later additions like FM processing. You can use them free but you get the adverts until you pay.

Teckniqs already explained this.

My soundcard is set to 192k but for some reason ST says it isn't. I'll work it out when I have some time....
Polecat

surefm
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by surefm » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:01 am

FB_IMG_1582567093206.jpg
Found this on internet, not the rig your talking about, but may help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:15 am

polecat what window version you have ? w7 or w10

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:17 am

anyway i dont use it ,and this was a very long time bro :) this was on w xp :) just seeing how it work ,for an rds i have pira micro rds bought ,but i was looking for the mini rds hes file that are provided by Albert H ,and no one here other than me try ,can you try it ?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2281

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:00 am

Thanks radium. I'm using windows 10.

I'm just playing with Stereo Tool for something to do. I have a pira based tiny rds which works fine.

I bought the board ready-assembled and don't have a clue when it comes to hex files...sorry I can't help!
Polecat

radionortheast
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radionortheast » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:18 am

I did get the airomate to output rds back in 2006, it was on an expensive fire wire card. I’ve never got stereo tool to work for rds, I think I did try using an m audio soundcard and stereo tool last year to output rds, but unlike the soundcard with a lower bit rate the cakewalk it was glitchy, you couldn’t get audio into.

teckniqs
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by teckniqs » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:57 am

It's been about 8 or 9 years since I used it I can't really remember how I did it (and I've never used it on a Chinese rig!), but from what I can remember I wasn't having much luck until I selected some ASIO output or something and then it just suddenly worked.

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:26 pm

Thanks Teckniqs......dunit!

Screenshots show ST output ad RDS display on my phone.

Been playing for an hour or so and no audio ads have come on. There's an RDS text ad in the screenshot. If that's it, I think most people could live with it.

So yes, ST will send audio + RDS to a BH1415F based Chinese xmitter and both come out the other end.

Not sure about the two hump camel in the waveform. That was pin-sharp an hour ago but I'm sure someone knows what's going on. Comments appreciated.
Screenshot (1).png
fm screenshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Polecat

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:28 pm

This one didn't upload to my previous post. Phone screenshot.Image
Polecat

radium98
proppa neck!
proppa neck!

Post by radium98 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:49 pm

M8 you have to wait 12 hours and you will have the audio nag ,i am pretty sure,you could also open a recorder and record only the output of a blank file and you will notice that audio ,but it take time and it is randomly .about the pira hex of mini rds it is just just given by albert in the file ,but it did not work to me ,so why i have asked if some have done it by chance,you also have to play with latency and buffer etc...Headacke ,airomate is out of date being years ,and skips etccc.i prefer using sa for audio processing Only ,and rds and stereo if as hardware.

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:23 pm

They make you wait for it? Haha.

Can't be arsed to do anything more with Stereo Tool it but was fun to get it working.

Thanks also to g33ky. Wasn't doubting you had it working on the CZE-7C...just wanted to see if it worked on another rig that uses the BH1415F chip.

Mine's the CZE-05B with added band pass filter. Flea power fun at home!

Polecat

NTRRadio
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by NTRRadio » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:54 pm

You can get some kind of RDS working on those crappy Chinese things. One way is to connect a basic RDS output to the MPX pin on the chip. I know this works with the BH1414 and 1415. I've also messed around with a little basic circuit to connect the RDS out of an encoder in to the headphone jack, it did work and I got scrolling text too. However, the pilot was a bit noisy. However, with some modding, I'm sure that could be rectified. I think I remember I got the idea from the Christmas light boys in the states.