Sound recorders

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Sound recorders

Post by Sparki » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Didn't know where to put this but this looks like the part of the forum that could perhaps help me.

I want something like a Minidisc with a mic, I need a sound recorder that can record sound so I can take it out and about with me. I produce and want to capture sounds like the sea, random stuff that would sound good in tracks. Can anyone recommend something not too pricey that records in high def sound that can then be put through my computer via USB lead and transported over onto my PC. I have looked on ebay and other places on google but there is so many things out there with lots of waffle in the descriptions I dont know what to put my money on. Any ideas would be great thanks.

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Sound recorders

Post by Bton-FM » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:15 pm

I would recommend one of those zoom or tascam handheld portable recorders.They are usually equipped with two electret condenser microphones that have decent quality or you can plug in an external microphone.obviously an external microphone would sound nicer but nice microphones are £££££££££££ trust! I'm sure you already know that though.It's probably more convenient to use the built in microphones for what you want to do anyway because it can very quickly become like you are dragging a whole studio out to record miscellaneous noises :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wazza

Post by wazza » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:23 pm

I have a Zoom H2N which is a few years old now but no complaints from me. Amazing quality recordings. Got mine cheap from Maplin when they were closing down!

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:42 pm

I have the Tascam DR 05 and like it a lot. Previously I had a Zoom which was just as good. They're handy and the sound quality is excellent. You can also use them as line-in recorders if you want to record a set on the fly.Image
Polecat
No Groove Where I Come From

Sparki
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Sparki » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:43 pm

Thanks so much for your replies, will go for one of them on next pay day.

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Bton-FM » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:08 pm

That's alright sparki,but i wanna hear the riddims when you are done!
:tup :lol:

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Bton-FM » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:09 pm

Also mate, check gumtree and facebook marketplace.Stuff like this comes up for quite cheap sometimes .

Krakatoa
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Post by Krakatoa » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Look for Sony voice recorders at the 100€ range. Excellent sound without the need to connect external mic (although capable of accepting dynamic ones and line-in) and easy to use.

Ignite
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by Ignite » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:12 pm

If you are going to be recording outside, you NEED to go for the accessory kit. For example, for the Tascam DR-05. This will have a dead rat in it to stop the wind noise.

Polecat
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Post by Polecat » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:49 pm

You're right about wind noise. I didn't buy the kit so had to use a couple of squirrels.
Polecat
No Groove Where I Come From