Driver board pcb

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Driver board pcb

Post by Bton-FM » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:20 pm

‘ello necks!Hope everyone’s alright and is ready for their annual New Year’s Eve alcohol poisoning!
Just got these in the post today, it’s a driver board ‘design’ rather a mashup because I didn’t design any of it haha I just made a layout.
The vfo is the NRG50mw feeding two paralleled NSVF6003SB6T1G or BFS20 for ~1 watt output or ~500mw respectively - These are estimates but I think it will be somewhere in that ballpark.
The PLL is Albert’s CMOS pll that he’s always raving about haha.74HC4040,4060,4046 and 393.
The reason I chose this pll is because these Ic’s aren’t obsolete and are cheap as chips!I would like to eventually find replacement parts for all the old parts.Also the board is nice’n’compact at 80mm x 75mm.
If all goes to plan this will be a very cost effective driver board that can be left on the roof of a tower block and won’t be a big loss if it gets nicked by some thief twat and 3am!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nrgkits.nz
Neckmin
Neckmin

Re: Driver board pcb

Post by nrgkits.nz » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:40 pm

Looks nice. What I usually do before getting boards made is test the design first on a sheet of copper clad, solder all the component earth points down to the copper and interconnect the rest above the copper where required, making sure to keep all connections as short as possible (very important for RF). This way you can test different component configurations very easily, add and remove inductors of different sizes, add new RF stages and test different interstage FET’s - all with relative ease. Once the design is right I lay it out properly in Altium or other CAD software, I then get 2x prototype boards made at a local manufacturer.

Bton-FM
tower block dreamin
tower block dreamin

Re: Driver board pcb

Post by Bton-FM » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:33 pm

Thanks nrg!haha altium.....I did this all on Easyeda pcb software :lol: . I was considering getting the chems together to do a test etch at home but JLCpcb is so cheap It’s not worth it!