jackd problems on pi

Everything technical about radio can be discussed here, whether it's transmitting or receiving. Guides, charts, diagrams, etc. are all welcome.
s2000

jackd problems on pi

Post by s2000 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Hi, I've built an experimental rig with a pi built in, running 32bit stereotool with a hifiberry dac. The problem I've got is more software based, the actual pi works incredible even in close proximity to the power amp. No humming or any issues whatsoever.

I have enabled the hifiberry dac by changing the config.txt and I've managed to get the jackd version of stereotool installed and it successfully executes. The problem I have appears to be with jackd. On stereotool it says it is "missing". I believe I've installed it using "sudo apt-get install jackd2" but when I try the next command to run it (jackd -d alsa -p 4096 -n 4), nothing seems to happen. All I get is this...
20191106_193631[1].jpg
I am just wondering what it supposed to happen? Is it supposed to launch Jackd when you type this? I am a bit of a newbie to Linux, there appears to be something wrong with the "PCM device"?

Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

whitenoisedb
big in da game.. trust
big in da game.. trust

Re: jackd problems on pi

Post by whitenoisedb » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:41 pm

I'm stuck at the same point as you and see the same issue with jackd. When ST opens I get a popup with Error input invalid number of channels. Have you made any progress? I find linux so difficult!

What I want to achieve is VLC web stream --> jackd --> ST processing with RDS --> Hifiberry DAC audio out -->

Has anyone successfully got the above or similar working?

biggiedan
no manz can test innit
no manz can test innit

Post by biggiedan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:28 pm

whitenoisedb wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:41 pm
What I want to achieve is VLC web stream --> jackd --> ST processing with RDS --> Hifiberry DAC audio out -->
Why not use mpg123 to decode the web stream and then --> ST processing with RDS --> Hifiberry DAC audio out -->

neckertude
who u callin ne guy bruv
who u callin ne guy bruv

Post by neckertude » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Cheers Biggie will look at that, my knowledge of linux is next to nothing which is more of the problem!